• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser30312

62 sounds like a lot tasks but I've noticed that in one sitting you're able to knock out 3 or 4 before you get to the " stumper " i.e. gathering X amount of goods whilst standing on your head and attempt to spit a nickel into a milk jug or some other wacky quest like 50 24 hr production AND toss goods into Treasury ( doesn't say how much or what type, just donate ).....

INNO could do much better with the alternatives as well .... I'll never forget the alternative for obtaining a province was to donate 900 goods from your age .....900 ..... that's a big sacrifice or event stopper or whatever else you'd wish to call it

It does show how many goods you need to donate actually:

goods.png

It's not good that it only shows it in the progress bar though, because if you fight any battles before completing that requirement, it'll probably replace the number of donated goods with the number of battles until you donate to the treasury. I don't see why they don't have the requirement simply read "donate 330 goods". Yes it's a variable amount which I believe is age-dependent, but it shouldn't be that difficult to insert a variable into that text string. If I with my very limited knowledge of coding can understand how to make it work, I'm sure Inno's interns can. :p

Other than that, switching to a variable amount for goods donation is a good call. This way, they can adjust it so it's not unreasonably difficult for a newer player while maintaining challenge for those of us how know how to break the system. I'm just going to make a habit of stockpiling 4-500 extra for each of the goods of my age when I go into one of these big events.

DeletedUser31498

Other than that, switching to a variable amount for goods donation is a good call. This way, they can adjust it so it's not unreasonably difficult for a newer player while maintaining challenge for those of us how know how to break the system. I'm just going to make a habit of stockpiling 4-500 extra for each of the goods of my age when I go into one of these big events.

The amount of goods is variable, depending on your age. Seems fair to me? Idk the higher ranking players can chime in if I'm wrong, but at lower levels the amounts are absurdly easy. At worst, one can always buy goods with FPs to donate, costs very little in the scheme of things to allow you to continue camping if that's your aversion to the alternative.

DeletedUser20367

The amount of goods is variable, depending on your age. Seems fair to me? Idk the higher ranking players can chime in if I'm wrong, but at lower levels the amounts are absurdly easy. At worst, one can always buy goods with FPs to donate, costs very little in the scheme of things to allow you to continue camping if that's your aversion to the alternative.

Also, a lot of the quests have just been 'donate XXX goods' not 'donate XXX goods from your Age'. That makes it a lot easier for higher Age players. I've got GBs & WWs putting out unrefined goods and since you never have all 5 boosts there will always be some goods that are not being used.

- KQ -

On Parkog, I got all 5 upgrades after stopping at quest 44.

On Fel Dranghyr, I've done every quest so far and have gotten ZERO kits.

I'm not sure whether I should praise or criticize this event.

I'm current with the quests and I've managed to get three upgrades for far. I've only bought the 60 and 65 chests. I figure I'm doing worse than the odds so far. I got two plus Cherry Garden sets last year and I'm wondering if I'll get upgrades for just one of them this year.

Well ..... I've been Gonged and got my first SoK of event for Houndsmoor World ......entire set @ level 2 ......I'm hoping next spring does not involve this set leveling up to 3 but it appears to be inno's newest ' turn of the screw ' ;)

" SHOW ME THE LEVELS " Seinfeld to Kramer ... that's the bet

I prefer leveling up existing buildings and increasing the value of the production for the space they take up. I am a bit frustrated that I can't upgrade my Confectioneries any further. It would be nice to have the opportunity to do that in daily challenges.

DeletedUser34913

This event is awful...I am thoroughly disgusted with it...first off, it's way too long, the final events want way too many FPs, and for what? A couple of lanterns, with which, after I do at least 4 quests, I can try to get an upgrade kit, but I'll probably just get some junk...I'm serious, this quest is making me consider quitting the game...it's absolute BS, and Inno, if you're paying attention, you should be ashamed of yourselves...this questline is completely ridiculous

DeletedUser30900

Since all these casual players are claiming this event is too hard to complete (or too long, too boring, idc) I will open 3 new worlds and finish the whole 62 missions to show that it’s easy as hell

DeletedUser34913

Since all these casual players are claiming this event is too hard to complete (or too long, too boring, idc) I will open 3 new worlds and finish the whole 62 missions to show that it’s easy as hell
I'm not a casual player, for one...I play daily, and have for quite some time. When I first started playing, there were no Friends Taverns, GE, Daily Quests, etc... so, that being said, I'll also say that it is most likely much easier to complete the quests with a new, low level city. But completing all 62 isn't my issue (although I truly do think that 62 quests is WAY too many)...my issue is how crappy the rewards are! Honestly, even with the whole set upgraded to lvl 2, I still don't think it's worth all that we have to do to get it. Also, only getting 10 - 15 lanterns per quest, and usually 1 - 3 for each tree laying around, while the cheapest box costs 30 lanterns means that we have to do multiple quests to get a shot, then it's often something completely ridiculous, not at all worth the effort.

Ta 152H

I'm not a casual player, for one...I play daily, and have for quite some time. When I first started playing, there were no Friends Taverns, GE, Daily Quests, etc... so, that being said, I'll also say that it is most likely much easier to complete the quests with a new, low level city. But completing all 62 isn't my issue (although I truly do think that 62 quests is WAY too many)...my issue is how crappy the rewards are! Honestly, even with the whole set upgraded to lvl 2, I still don't think it's worth all that we have to do to get it. Also, only getting 10 - 15 lanterns per quest, and usually 1 - 3 for each tree laying around, while the cheapest box costs 30 lanterns means that we have to do multiple quests to get a shot, then it's often something completely ridiculous, not at all worth the effort.

Wow, the Cherry Set is EXTREMELY powerful. EXTREMELY. It's completely unbalanced, to the extent the L2 set makes SoKs appear like junk by comparison. It's odd we should disagree so completely on this. But, look really closely at the full set upgraded to L2, and let me know if you still think it's not an outstanding set.

I would recommend not using the upgrades to place buildings. Just get them (admittedly by being patient) from the DC, then upgrade them. Otherwise, getting two of each piece might be very difficult. Better to be patient, I think.

DeletedUser26965

Wow, the Cherry Set is EXTREMELY powerful. EXTREMELY. It's completely unbalanced, to the extent the L2 set makes SoKs appear like junk by comparison. It's odd we should disagree so completely on this. But, look really closely at the full set upgraded to L2, and let me know if you still think it's not an outstanding set.

I would recommend not using the upgrades to place buildings. Just get them (admittedly by being patient) from the DC, then upgrade them. Otherwise, getting two of each piece might be very difficult. Better to be patient, I think.
or just spend a ton of diamonds and get a bunch of lvl 2 sets all at once;
sssss.gif

DeletedUser34800

That's the set-up I use, but I only have 2 Cherry Blossom sets, so enough for 1 of those dual layouts with SoKs, upgraded to lvl 2.

I love it. It's a great set. I really like the upgrades for the new sets and buildings and hope Inno keeps going that route. It's nice, and I am looking forward to upgrading the Indian/Elephant sets and the Winter set that I have.

DeletedUser30900

my issue is how crappy the rewards are! Honestly, even with the whole set upgraded to lvl 2, I still don't think it's worth all that we have to do to get it. Also, only getting 10 - 15 lanterns per quest, and usually 1 - 3 for each tree laying around, while the cheapest box costs 30 lanterns means that we have to do multiple quests to get a shot, then it's often something completely ridiculous, not at all worth the effort.
You almost let me drop those cities because I don't see any reason to show you anything no more. Nice try:)

DeletedUser34913

Oh, I definitely agree that it's a powerful set...I've had the whole set for a year, and am very happy with it. And upgrading it is obviously even better...but, in my opinion, if you already have the set, then the cost to attempt to upgrade it becomes just not worth it...I've spent a lot on trying to get lanterns, only to have them used up on getting almost worthless prizes, and not upgrading my cherry set...it is really frustrating!

Ta 152H

Oh, I definitely agree that it's a powerful set...I've had the whole set for a year, and am very happy with it. And upgrading it is obviously even better...but, in my opinion, if you already have the set, then the cost to attempt to upgrade it becomes just not worth it...I've spent a lot on trying to get lanterns, only to have them used up on getting almost worthless prizes, and not upgrading my cherry set...it is really frustrating!

The upgrade is really nice because it adds no additional space requirement. So even though it does not approach doubling the power of the set, consider it also doesn't require additional space.

I've had events that were exactly the same. You just miss every single time. Then other times you hit more often than you should. Luckily, this event has been one of those, but I've had plenty of the others, and you just want to stop playing when you have that experience. It's just not fun, and very annoying and frustrating.

- KQ -

I think he means upgrading them to larger Confectionaries Large Huge Legendary....

Yes, upgrading to larger version. I've got mine at the current age. I've got two confectioneries in inventory that I'd like to upgrade to large confectioneries. They give a good return for the space they take up.

- KQ -

INNO should be working on a generic upgrade when it comes to set pieces AND upgradable bldgs like confectionery/ graveyard / etc IF we're sticking to Levels / Upgrades .... ASIDE from the Reno kits . yes no maybe so ?

A generic upgrade kit that would upgrade to a higher available level would be a wonderful thing indeed.

Zatrikon

I haven't found the quests for this event to be any harder than usual, but the % chance of getting a Cherry Garden kit is much less than claimed. I've completed 47 quests in each of my two worlds, and opened a total of about 50 chests. I always open the chest with the best expected payoff offered. That's either the 65-Lantern chest with a claimed 20% chance, the 60-lantern chest with a so-called 18% chance, or best of all, the 45-lantern chest with a 16% chance of the cherry kit. On average, I should expect at least 16% of 50 = 8 cherry garden kits so far. Instead, I've got four. So my estimate is that the actual chance of getting a Cherry Garden kit is about half of what they claim.

Instead I get useless crap like unattached champions and supply boosts and "finish supply productions".

DeletedUser32973

I haven't found the quests for this event to be any harder than usual, but the % chance of getting a Cherry Garden kit is much less than claimed. I've completed 47 quests in each of my two worlds, and opened a total of about 50 chests. I always open the chest with the best expected payoff offered. That's either the 65-Lantern chest with a claimed 20% chance, the 60-lantern chest with a so-called 18% chance, or best of all, the 45-lantern chest with a 16% chance of the cherry kit. On average, I should expect at least 16% of 50 = 8 cherry garden kits so far. Instead, I've got four. So my estimate is that the actual chance of getting a Cherry Garden kit is about half of what they claim.

Instead I get useless crap like unattached champions and supply boosts and "finish supply productions".

I understand the frustration, but your sample size is too small (someone has to say it!). I play on 9 worlds, and while that's still too small for real accuracy, I'm seeing consistent results for claimed values on 5, great luck on 2, and horrible luck on another 2.

DeletedUser20367

I haven't kept close track but I'm pretty sure I'm under average as far as getting upgrades goes. Two worlds are running right about average, three are definitely below average, 1 was doing better than average but 8 missed shots at the Entrance upgrade today brings that down to average or lower and 1 world has totally sucked. :)

I had the diamonds to spend to make sure I got the Gong, Rock & Entrance upgraded on every world and between the Event and DC I got a full set on my new world. Have a few extra upgrades to work on a 2nd set once I get the pieces from DC. Not going to waste them on buildings. I can wait.

I don't have a huge problem with how the chests are set up. The Cherry Garden is the best set that they have come out with (IMO) so I can understand having weak prizes to go with the highest chance of getting an upgrade for it. However, the cost/benefit ratio is such that I haven't bought and won't buy any of the diamond packages offering extra lanterns.