• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser26120

That's cool, I didn't know that. Definitely will save a little time in the future.

DeletedUser31392

@Cosmic Raven

First I'd like to say thank you for this amazing guide. I had already figured out a good deal about the recurring quest strategy on my own, and this guide just confirmed my suspicions that it can be a powerful strategy to employ. I was doing a half and half between HQS and what you call Conventional methods, and had found the recurring quests to be a nice perk. Had already been using Alchemists instead of Farms like so many had suggested to me, because I knew mathematically I could fit more in and get more recurring quests done.

That being said I had no idea you could take it this far! I finally just rebuilt my main city on Sinerania. Ditching my Cherry Garden Set, my 5th Anniversary set, my level 5 ToB, my 3 terrace Farms, (I stored my Rosarium because I couldn't find a post here saying if it was worth it later so played it safe in that), my upgraded Maypole, and my 8 goods buildings. I was able to cram in 50 more Alchemists this way!

If my calculations are correct the Majaraja's palace set is a strong set. I have 2 of the Palace's and 2 each of the Eastern Towers and Jungle Ponds on either side and a western tower and bandar playground in between the two palaces. Just under 5 squares for 1 fp, but the bonus goodies it offers seems to round out to make it viable if set up in a way like mine. The coin productions from all 5 buildings match my house collections if I had replaced each square with a house and only collected each twice a day (which is usually what happens) plus they offer 12 forges points and 15 goods of my age. The Medal bonus is weak at 40 a day but I consider it a bonus because of the other boosts it gives me.

I also kept my 2 elephant fountain gates, a memorial chatri, and a titan arum plant in a 3x3 square for similar reasons. 1 fp for 4.5 square, plus the coin production rivals a SoK. I know eventually I will remove this small set but since I had the free space and couldn't squeeze anything more in I figured the bonuses from it wouldn't hurt.

With my GB buffs what they are now I can do close to 100 recurring quests a day, factoring in the added UBQs I can pull from my daily resources. That's more goods per day I was earning the conventional way using the same space. Plus now I will be earning more medals and fp packs from being able to finish more quests in 1 day (Before this I would say at MOST half of that number).

The loss of my 22 daily fps from terrace farms and the sets I removed will be more than made up for on an average daily basis, but more medals than they provided (I think it was like 5 or 6 daily between the 2).

Thank you again sooooo much for this guide. My city layout is not ideal because of where I expanded my land, but I'm making the best of it with what I have. I am going to be squaring off city more with the next couple expansion I get (I always preferred to keep it square to make city design easier, but I went into the bad area in the north region like you suggest not to lol)

Now all of that being said, I have advanced furthur on the map than you recommend, but again I didn't realize it could stunt my progress (though now with the added OR options in most Event quests it won't be too terrible)

However, I had started to explore the Industrial Age map. I have the first territory conquerred, and have Desperation already scouted (but nothing taken in that territory yet). I am curious to know just how far I can progress in the Industrial Age map without losing out on the second recurring quest slot I will get when I shoot up to Colonial Age in a few weeks. I have already completed the bonus quests between LMA and Col map regions because like I said I advanced far to try and obtain expansions. Nothing I can do about that now except just stopping or slowing down my map progression (but to be honest getting col goods in hma is a royal pain in the ass)

I had read somewhere you can lose your second recurring quest slot if you advance too far in the Industrial Age map, and that you won't be able to get it back once opening that bonus quest line until you finish it (which I think I read was impossible until you actually make it to Industrial Age because of certain parameters in the quests)

My main question to you is, should I completely stop progression there to avoid the chance I will lose my second recurring quest slot? I really want to abuse the hell out of it when I do advance to Colonial Age. If there was a way you could tell me exactly how far I can progress on that map without losing that slot it would be most appreciative. Until I hear back from you personally I will sit tight where I am at inthe map and gain expansions through medal earnings.

Thank you again for all the time you and your Guild have put into this guide. I look forward to seeing the finished product. Cheers!!

DeletedUser31392

Oh I forgot to add this picture in. You'll also see I have an Arc, CoA and a ToR, please don't bash me on having them, I do understand I could add more Alchemists in place of them. I enjoy the gamble from ToR in GE, and already have my Arc to just under level 10 (it will flip in a day or 2). So while I understand this is not a 100% HQS city, it's as close as I'll get to one right now. I am just a little further along for when I get to Colonial than most would be following this 100%.

The rest of my GBs are all at level 5, wtith the exception of Chateau( I was finally able to gather the goods and construct it last night when rebuilding my city), and Hagia is at level 7 so it has been ready for Col long before I found this guide. ToR is only level 3 and Obs is there to help guild members obtain prints for one since we have a swap thread just for those.

Edit: Well I can't upload the picture from my phone so I'll add that in later.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31392

Well I read most of the posts up through page 20 or so and finally stopped reading because a lot of the info was being repeated. Skimmed through a few and then made my posts. Now later on today I went through and read a few more pages (going backwards this time, because why not?) and found a post saying CR quit the game almost 2 months ago.

If that is true I could use anyone else help to find the information I was seeking. I found in the thread where someone posted about how to unlock the 2nd recurring line, but I never found a post that mentioned what to do to avoid losing it advancing too fast in IndA map. Like I said I found the info in another thread somewhere but can't seem to find it. Does anyone that still follow this thread have an idea how to answer my question? I would be extra happy if they did ^_^

Lucifer1904

Well I read most of the posts up through page 20 or so and finally stopped reading because a lot of the info was being repeated. Skimmed through a few and then made my posts. Now later on today I went through and read a few more pages (going backwards this time, because why not?) and found a post saying CR quit the game almost 2 months ago.

If that is true I could use anyone else help to find the information I was seeking. I found in the thread where someone posted about how to unlock the 2nd recurring line, but I never found a post that mentioned what to do to avoid losing it advancing too fast in IndA map. Like I said I found the info in another thread somewhere but can't seem to find it. Does anyone that still follow this thread have an idea how to answer my question? I would be extra happy if they did ^_^
Try posting in the questions subforum.

DeletedUser25920

I had posted in this thread the link to the thread that discusses it. (also from its title I would have thought it should have been easy to find by searching). Here it is again,
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...and-recurring-quests.16568/page-3#post-155589

Also FYI, -and you can see in this other thread- CR did not know how to avoid triggering the IndA bonus quest; what he presented as a fact, turned out to have been a guess/assumption which was incorrect after all.

DeletedUser

Also FYI, -and you can see in this other thread- CR did not know how to avoid triggering the IndA bonus quest; what he presented as a fact, turned out to have been a guess/assumption which was incorrect after all.
Imagine that!;)

DeletedUser31392

I had posted in this thread the link to the thread that discusses it. (also from its title I would have thought it should have been easy to find by searching). Here it is again,
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...and-recurring-quests.16568/page-3#post-155589

Thanks so much! This was the EXACT thread I found before. I dont know what the hell I had used as seard parameters but it was not showing this thread before.

I will check this out and you personally if I have any confusion about this.

Thanks again!

DeletedUser31392

Seems like a good strategy overall if that's your thing. Of course I don't think it's the only viable strategy as CR had made clear it was the ONLY viable strategy and anything else was a waste of time. That being said a lot of the things that he said does make sense to work together and he most certainly spent a long time working on this.

I'll be utilizing the information made available here by everyone and combine the HQS together with my own strategies and style of gameplay. After all it's a game (and a strategy game at that, surprise!) and no one can tell you how to play and what the end all be all of strategies are, since Inno has given several options to choose from and different ways to play.

Different strokes for different folks lol

DeletedUser12620

Seems like a good strategy overall if that's your thing. Of course I don't think it's the only viable strategy as CR had made clear it was the ONLY viable strategy and anything else was a waste of time. That being said a lot of the things that he said does make sense to work together and he most certainly spent a long time working on this.

I'll be utilizing the information made available here by everyone and combine the HQS together with my own strategies and style of gameplay. After all it's a game (and a strategy game at that, surprise!) and no one can tell you how to play and what the end all be all of strategies are, since Inno has given several options to choose from and different ways to play.

Different strokes for different folks lol

I'm glad this game has strategy let's keep it that way!

DeletedUser28711

Does everybody else have to deal with occasional to frequent changes to the path of building motivations?

For example, I'm in CA & have been moving Clockmakers around so that the ones that are motivated daily are all paired together in adjacent columns &/or rows so that I can easily collect them while taking advantage of my LoA supply boost without jumping all over my city. Unfortunately, and as has happened to me in the past, after my collections today, completely different buildings are now being motivated so my collection path is now obsolete.

If anybody else has run into this, is there a way to prevent such occurrences?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can share.

DeletedUser12620

SOKS are always first when players are aiding your city.

If you have them :)

DeletedUser28711

SOKS are always first when players are aiding your city.

If you have them :)

Thank you for your response, but I do know about the special buildings taking priority & I apologize for not stating that I'm my question. My inquiry relates to the standard buildings, Clockmakers in this case, after the special buildings have been motivated.

DeletedUser

Thank you for your response, but I do know about the special buildings taking priority & I apologize for not stating that I'm my question. My inquiry relates to the standard buildings, Clockmakers in this case, after the special buildings have been motivated.
I'm pretty sure that, within a category of buildings, the motivating is random. For example, once your Clockmakers come up as a group to the front of the line, so to speak, the order is random. The same ones will probably never be motivated two days in a row. The real problem is why you have buildings that aren't getting motivated. I don't think I've ever had that problem to any great degree. And I have rarely been in a large guild, or had a friends list over 80-100.