• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser27184

Ditching my Cherry Garden Set, my 5th Anniversary set, my level 5 ToB, my 3 terrace Farms, (I stored my Rosarium because I couldn't find a post here saying if it was worth it later so played it safe in that), my upgraded Maypole, and my 8 goods buildings. I was able to cram in 50 more Alchemists this way!
I like the HQS, and I appreciate CR work and his work presenting it here.
But he is a bit one sided (in my opinion). He advocate the recurring quests over FP, which I don't agree with.

IMO - FP production is the first priority in this game. The HQS is awesome by giving goods, medals and even a bit of FP's, but it cant compare to pure FP production.
Lets compare them -
The terrace gives you 5 FP every day. Absolutely assured 5 FP, every day. Through them you can up your GB's endlessly for greater rewards.
The HQS will give you the medals for expansions. Which is very important, but they are numbered and few. Over time you will get them. Goods? A bit of FP pack here and there? They are important, but versus assured FP production building?

If you lose the space of the terrace, it will take you just a bit more to get the difference with the HQS. But the FP's will give you HUGH gains as the GB's go up.

I run HQS on my ME city. This system is very strong and I am now on the 160k medal per expansion. So the HQS is going well. I got tons of goods which I exchanged for advance age goods (and got my AO and Inno), and some FP packs here and there. Yape, HQS through and almost through.
Currently I invest about third of my city space in FP production buildings. I do around 80 FP a day (from this area specifically, not counting GB's and such). That's much better then if this third of a city was full of Hatters (ME supply building) and I would do 10 more recurring quests. Maybe I could get one extra expansion, but is that worth more then 15000 FP I got over the last half a year from that area? My Arc reaches level 20, all the GB's around are level 10.

So I advise to keep the FP buildings and use them over the HQS system.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't think it's random. Pretty sure it goes by most recently built.
That view contradicts the evidence from the post I was responding to. He stated that he grouped his Clockmakers (which would all be same age, obviously) by which ones got motivated, and then different ones got motivated the next time. If what you say was true, it should be the same Clockmakers getting motivated and the same ones not getting motivated. And he probably collects them all at the same time, being a heavy quester, so each time he collects, the most recently built one should get motivated first and so on. In other words, under these particular conditions, if it was not random, the exact same Clockmakers would be motivated first, second, third... Every time.

DeletedUser28711

I'm pretty sure that, within a category of buildings, the motivating is random. For example, once your Clockmakers come up as a group to the front of the line, so to speak, the order is random. The same ones will probably never be motivated two days in a row. The real problem is why you have buildings that aren't getting motivated. I don't think I've ever had that problem to any great degree. And I have rarely been in a large guild, or had a friends list over 80-100.

Yes, I do need to work on getting more &/or better friends so that more of my buildings will get motivated, but that's another discussion.

As for the randomness, for about the last month, the same Clockmakers were getting motivated daily, although not in the exact same order as the day before, so there is some randomness, but the end results were that the same Clockmakers would be motivated by collection time each day.

I also thought that standard buildings were motivated by the reverse order built & it does certainly seem to be that way for a few days at least, but then not so much.

That view contradicts the evidence from the post I was responding to. He stated that he grouped his Clockmakers (which would all be same age, obviously) by which ones got motivated, and then different ones got motivated the next time. If what you say was true, it should be the same Clockmakers getting motivated and the same ones not getting motivated. And he probably collects them all at the same time, being a heavy quester, so each time he collects, the most recently built one should get motivated first and so on. In other words, under these particular conditions, if it was not random, the exact same Clockmakers would be motivated first, second, third... Every time.

As I stated above, there is definitely some randomness in the order in which my Clockmakers were getting motivated, but the same Clockmakers were getting motivated daily.

Now, let me add a little piece of info that may or may not be relevant. As the old quest window on the browser version was slower than the mobile version, I, like many others, do my collections on my mobile device. While reading the various comments that the speed of the browser version had been improved with the new quest overview, I decided to take it for a test run yesterday. A few hours after my collections yesterday is when I noticed the complete change in the way my standard buildings were getting motivated. Not only were completely different Clockmakers being motivated, but most of my Country Houses were now getting motivated where as only a few were before.

So, with that being said, it seems as though either the motivation algorithm was changed yesterday causing a disruption in the usual pattern or there's something in the motivation algorithm that changes which standard buildings get motivated based on which way you do your collections (PC vs. mobile). I switched back to doing my collections on a mobile device for today's collections, so time will tell if there's a difference.

Can anybody else corroborate that they have the same standard buildings being motivated daily & then either because of changing your routine or for no apparent reason out of the blue your normal motivation pattern is completely disrupted?

DeletedUser

Can anybody else corroborate that they have the same standard buildings being motivated daily & then either because of changing your routine or for no apparent reason out of the blue your normal motivation pattern is completely disrupted?
Afraid I can't help with that, my problem is having more m/p's than I have buildings. I sometimes put up a few decos just so friends have a shot at a BP.

DeletedUser12620

Event buildings first are what I think.....have you noticed when you collect and when you are aided the first buildings to be aided are Soks?

DeletedUser31392

I have that problem at certain points in the day too. I feel eventually things will even out a bit more. I just wish all my Town Houses would be motivated first since the Alchemists will be there all day to motivate.

And to answer the question about the SoKs being first, Inno has a "Priority List" where certain buildings will always be motivated first, then it moves to regular buildings.

I know it includes SoKs, Lord's Manor and the new Sundial Spire and would assume SoI and SoA would be on the list too. I have 2 Kings as well and I notice 1 gets motivated right away, but the other usually not until fifth before collection or dead last. Some days I will use a Kit on it to make sure I get the motivate before collection come up. Seems like The King (and The Queen I assume) are not on the priority list for whatever reason.

I notice my SoKs are almost always first and then the LM and SS after both my SoKs. Could coincidence since it is a very small sample size. Maybe someone with both LM and SS and a field of SoKs could confirm?

DeletedUser28711

Inno has a "Priority List" where certain buildings will always be motivated first, then it moves to regular buildings.

I know it includes SoKs, Lord's Manor and the new Sundial Spire and would assume SoI and SoA would be on the list too. I have 2 Kings as well and I notice 1 gets motivated right away, but the other usually not until fifth before collection or dead last. Some days I will use a Kit on it to make sure I get the motivate before collection come up. Seems like The King (and The Queen I assume) are not on the priority list for whatever reason.

I notice my SoKs are almost always first and then the LM and SS after both my SoKs. Could coincidence since it is a very small sample size. Maybe someone with both LM and SS and a field of SoKs could confirm?

I can confirm this as for me it's:
SoKs
Lord's Manor
Kiosk
Sundial Spire
a couple standard buildings
The King
more standard buildings

DeletedUser31392

I like the HQS, and I appreciate CR work and his work presenting it here.
But he is a bit one sided (in my opinion). He advocate the recurring quests over FP, which I don't agree with.

IMO - FP production is the first priority in this game. The HQS is awesome by giving goods, medals and even a bit of FP's, but it cant compare to pure FP production.
Lets compare them -
The terrace gives you 5 FP every day. Absolutely assured 5 FP, every day. Through them you can up your GB's endlessly for greater rewards.
The HQS will give you the medals for expansions. Which is very important, but they are numbered and few. Over time you will get them. Goods? A bit of FP pack here and there? They are important, but versus assured FP production building?

If you lose the space of the terrace, it will take you just a bit more to get the difference with the HQS. But the FP's will give you HUGH gains as the GB's go up.

I run HQS on my ME city. This system is very strong and I am now on the 160k medal per expansion. So the HQS is going well. I got tons of goods which I exchanged for advance age goods (and got my AO and Inno), and some FP packs here and there. Yape, HQS through and almost through.
Currently I invest about third of my city space in FP production buildings. I do around 80 FP a day (from this area specifically, not counting GB's and such). That's much better then if this third of a city was full of Hatters (ME supply building) and I would do 10 more recurring quests. Maybe I could get one extra expansion, but is that worth more then 15000 FP I got over the last half a year from that area? My Arc reaches level 20, all the GB's around are level 10.

So I advise to keep the FP buildings and use them over the HQS system.

I actually find I get more fp packs than I would get having the TFs. They cost me 500 population each as well so I save more room by not having them. If they were lower Aged ones I would have been more inclined to keep them, but because of the pop cost being 2.5 times for equally spaced Alchemists I chose to remove them to save on space I would have to use to construct the Town Houses. A TF for HMA costs me 3.21 Town Houses, whereas the 5 Alchemists is only 1.29 Town Houses.

As for Cherry Garden set I reviewed the rewards it would give me for keeping both "Houses" my current age over the long run, and while it did give me 5fps a day, the coin/medal/goods boost was not high enough for to want to keep around. Same went for 5th Anniversary set. I would have needed to have put them in a special layout to avoid wasted tile space and on roadspace as well, and I felt the rewards were again not enough to want to keep around.

I did keep the Maharaja Set however, having 2 Palaces 2 East and 1 West allowed to tuck the decos behind and save space.

Needless to say all my event buildings were just plunder bait and I knew once I mad it to higher ages more would have been taken on a daily basis, and I have no desire to build Deal or StBasil because of the huge footprint right now.

You have to remember too that as CF/SMB/LoA level (CF especially), the resource gains increase allowing more UBQs/day, in turn forking over more fp packs until you achieve UBQ nirvana and can earn as many fp packs as you have time in the day to cycle through to it. Granted that will take some time to do, but if you utilize swaps and reinvest all your packs back into having CF leveled, all while gaining rewards from placing high on the gb reward every time you are gaining more fps back to reinvest again and again. Combine that with an Arc and you gain more fp packs.

Now those 5fps I would get from a TF, that does not increase over time for the space used, whereas using the same space to build Alchemists (and save on the population so less Town Houses which means more Alchemist and more quests), these actually gain value over time.

And if you are smart about it you will find a player willing to swap that has high level GBs, but hardly anyone donating towards, allowing you to place higher gaining more packs that you can reinvest to go to higher levels of CF offering more UBQs/day from quest rewards, netting more packs. Continuing the cycle over and over will allow you to lower level GBs to astronomical levels in no time.

I want to add that I was able to level an Arc from bricks to 10 in 28 days. 0-10 costs 4770 fps total. That means I was able to put ~170/Day towards leveling my Arc. Keep in mind I produced about 65-70 fps daily (can't remember the exact total), and I would spend 10 of those on an Obs swap thread with my guild each day. So about 2.85 times the amount of fps I produced from buildings and the hourly points. And then there were times when I would spend extra points not on swaps to secure 1st place on each GB I had donated to via the Guild swap threads. I also had a swap partner placing fps on my Arc to gain bps and medals and I would match rotating between 2 of his putting a little less than half on each and he would level the rest of the way from swap threads. If I was more savvy at the time I would have only out about 1/3-1/4 the fps as that is about how much I require to spend to lock in first place on each GB from those that participate in the Guild Swaps. I would have been able to put more points on several more GBs earning me more fps overtime. (We did half the level each to faster, or so we thought. I have since decided doing the 1/3-1/4 would actually save us time by earning more)

When you really think about it the 22fps I got from my TFs and two sets only earned me 616fps during that time. Removing those along with my goods buildings and ToB allow me to earn between 20-40fps from packs a day from quest rewards, depending on RNG. I still earn 50 fps a day from buildings and hourly points. I'm still getting about the same amount of FPs a day as I was before, some days more (yesterday I got 10! Yay rng! The lowest I have seen this week was 4). The difference is right now I am earning more medals a day which will in turn allow me to add more Alchemist doing more Quests and earning more fps over the course of the week.

This is the snowball effect CR talked about. Reinvesting every resource gained back into it, allowing you to do more and more each day.

Your TFs cannot do this. It will give you 5/day for eternity. Replacing that space with buildings allowing more Quests in a day and focusing rewards back into itself, will increase rewards every single day you continue to do this.

CF never finished the guide. He never explained how to take CF/Arc to astronomical levels using the HQS method alone. I cannot confirm what his methods were to do this as I never personally interacted with him and he never posted that portion of his HQS guide. That being said, I have my suspicions that his method was along the lines of what I explained (I know, I talked in circles for a bit here, but that is essentially what we are all doing using HQS anyway :D)

DeletedUser31392

I can confirm this as for me it's:
SoKs
Lord's Manor
Kiosk
Sundial Spire
a couple standard buildings
The King
more standard buildings

My question is why HoF is not on the list lol. I know not everyone uses them, but if guilds do utilize them having them in the mix would allow for a more streamlined process than having a list and checking everyday to make sure it was motivated or not.

And also why King/Queen is grouped with other regular buildings. It stands to return a better investment if motivated daily. I know I have had a few days where both were not motivated at collection time.

DeletedUser29218

I actually find I get more fp packs than I would get having the TFs. They cost me 500 population each as well so I save more room by not having them. If they were lower Aged ones I would have been more inclined to keep them, but because of the pop cost being 2.5 times for equally spaced Alchemists I chose to remove them to save on space I would have to use to construct the Town Houses. A TF for HMA costs me 3.21 Town Houses, whereas the 5 Alchemists is only 1.29 Town Houses.

According to my data, this is not correct. I'll try to explain why, I'll gladly be corrected if there is any mistake.

First, let's talk about the "scaling" of both choices. FP scale with arc (and finding better swap partners). Quest scale with LoA, StM, CF and -because the rewards are FP- with arc too. In other words, while fp swaps increase the snowball effect of questing, this is also true for farms SKW or any FP building (as more fp --> higher arc --> more fp). Because of that, we must focus on the differences between questing and FP buildings (loa, stm, cf) and ignore the similarities (fp snowballing).The next step would be in which scenario (which combination of levels for loa, stm and cf) is the breakpoint of questing against each FP building.

Sadly, this question doesn't have a general answer, because not only depends on loa, stm, cf. It also depends on city layout, happyness and which special buildings do you have available.
By city layout I mean how well you can position the event buildings: can you connect a farm with a single road piece, or you need 5? Were you lucky with your maraja set so you can position them optimally, or you have to use a very weird configuration to get the 4piece bonuses?
By happyness I mean: are your happyness requirements covered without needing any cultural buildings (or leveling sophia more than you want to?)

Because there is no general answer, I'll explain the current situation of my city, with what I've found to be the most optimal situation. [1]

CF

Lvl 10. Past 10 the ROI decreses harshly. In my case, I go from 128.9 daily quests to 130.17. This results in in 0.4 fp produced/day, which is a really low return on investment.

Coins- StM
I have enough StM lvl, SoKs and SKWs so that my coins production is higher than my supplies production. So, what limits the amount of UBQs I can do is my supplies production, not coins.

LoA (or RAH)
I have 52 alchemist and have LoA at lvl 3. I pernanently use 60% tabern boost except on Saturdays (when I need extra turn for negotiating GE, in that case I use 12h 40% boost). With these conditions, raising a lvl in LoA reports an increase of 1 daily quest (0.3fp/day) and costs 170 fp. Factoring in rewards from swaping FP, this means I would recover my investment in (more or less) 1 year, which is my upper limit.
For someone who went full alchemist (instead of hybrid Fp-alchemist). The optimum lvl of LoA could be 7, 115% bonus (that's a rough guess).

Happyness, layout
Thanks to Marajá Palaces and other event buildings, I have over 2000 happyness that I don't need, so it isn't a restriction. Layout is a much more complex phenomenon, so I'll keep it out.

Conditions
So, for the sake of comparing clockmakers/alchemist vs FP buildings, I'll use the following conditions:
CF lvl 10
StM lvl infinite (because, eventually, everyone will get enough soks to overpower supplies)
LoA 115% bonus
Permanent 60% supplies bonus from tabern
No Inno tower
No happyness concerns

Each alchemist requires 8.28 tiles (1 road tile and 1.28 tiles worth of housing) and produces 1.33 quests, 0.4 fp.

Each farm requires 30 (building) + 3/2 (roads, this value can vary between 1/2 and 6/2, depending on city layout) + 12.82 (3.2 houses each requiring 4 tiles, as they don't need to be road connected) = 44.32 tiles, or 5.35 alchemist.

Results
For a full HQS city with the above conditions Terrace Farms produce 5 fp, and alchemist produce 2.14 FP. Those alchemist also produce 32 medals, and 26.6 goods.

Other:
Owning an Inno tower puts Terrace farms further ahead
Sacred sky watches, cherry sets and other special buildings have even higher FP efficiency than farms.
Questing requires investing in LoA, FP buildings don't.

Final conclusions

Hybrid FP buildings + questing is the best choice. This way you get enough goods to negotiate Guild expedition IV but don't overproduce them, and focus on maximising FP rewards which is the main factor that drives long-term growth.

[1] Disclaimer. This is for low ages ( at least HMA, LMA and colonial). For higher ages (future onward), where goods are actually valuable and can be exchanged for FP donations, this doesn't hold true. Then, rising CF level past 10 is a good idea. I've avoided this topic to avoid complicating things even more, and because.. at that point in the game you are more a salesman (finding customers for your goods) than a strategist.

Last edited:

DeletedUser27184

<snip some textx>
You have to remember too that as CF/SMB/LoA level (CF especially), the resource gains increase allowing more UBQs/day, in turn forking over more fp packs until you achieve UBQ nirvana and can earn as many fp packs as you have time in the day to cycle through to it.

First, let's talk about the "scaling" of both choices. FP scale with arc (and finding better swap partners). Quest scale with LoA, StM, CF and -because the rewards are FP- with arc too. In other words, while fp swaps increase the snowball effect of questing, this is also true for farms SKW or any FP building (as more fp --> higher arc --> more fp). Because of that, we must focus on the differences between questing and FP buildings (loa, stm, cf) and ignore the similarities (fp snowballing).The next step would be in which scenario (which combination of levels for loa, stm and cf) is the breakpoint of questing against each FP building.

I would say that FP snowballing is the strongest in the game.

Mek is comparing the systems (HQS vs FP building and ARC), and purely on FP production, its very easy to see which is better. Its always the FP buildings.
The give your stright up better results (as they up your GB's) and hey snowball you the hardest (with arc and swaps).

Try to think what will happen if ALL your space would have been fully HQS - you could have found, in HMA, some 35 FP per day.
With the same space, all devoted to FP buildings, you could have 100+ FP per day.
Which will give you better results? The FP's.

The HQS do have a snowball ability. But it is much slower. You get one more expansion after a few week, and it give you more space. The goods are nice too.

But at the end, the HQS have less impact and less snowballing effect then pure FP BUILDINGS.

Even in HMA (one of the best times for HQS), you will get with HQS - 50FP per day, expansion or two every month, and some goods.
Can you compare that to 5000FP you can get from the same space? Advancing your GB's? And that 5000 FP every month.

And the snowball out of 5000FP is so much stronger then 2 more expansions that you put more supply building over. You can have your Zeus almost to level 10 with this amount. Can you realy get 30% attack power out of HQS this fast? In a month?

I love HQS. But it is not, IMHO, the grand system that cover all. Its close to that, but it is still 2nd to pure FP buildings.

In every possible way, the FP buildings gives more. They should always have priority over pure HQS supply buildings.

Ideally, you have about 1/3 of the city as pure FP buildings, and 2/3 as HQS.

DeletedUser30900

Ideally, you have about 1/3 of the city as pure FP buildings, and 2/3 as HQS.
Thx to you I reviewed the whole concept of HQs. Then I came out with an idea that HQs works for a certain of time in each age or era until certain term or terms get filled, it's easier to explain with detailed number, so I will use my own data
1. FPs building taking majority of the space already, to move further on Fps production, you have to advance in ages so you can get more expansions since medal expansion gets slower and slower
2. Expansion required medals' number are over x times of medal package you can get from the quest(for me, the x gonna be quite big, because I'm willing to spend whole month to get another expansion, but for others who are not that patient, x is relatively smaller)
3. The value of goods(It's quite difficult to describe how valuable your goods are since in every world the rules are different. For example, in my world, W, people don't really take CA goods as good value goods, so I have a had time to do up trade. InA goods, on the other hand, are quite popular, which makes parking at InA longer than CR said become somehow reasonable)
4. Amount of help you can get from your guild, friends, even neighbors. If you are in a guild which people offer you ARC goods freely or at least asking for an acceptable amount of Fps as a return, it's gonna be quite comfortable to park at a lower age. However, in the newer world, even the top guilds don't offer such deal very much, so moving up to next age sometimes is a necessity. ME goods have better chance to make up trade to CE or FE goods than CA goods, at least in W world.
Based on all these, I checked my city again. I already finished expansion with 15,000 medals, that means I need to get 120 medal package from the quest to get my next one( with Lv6 CF, I get 150 medals every time I finish the quest), that will take 120/6%= 2000 quests on average. I can do 40 quests a day(without concerning UBQ), so it's gonna take me 50 days for the next expansion. In reality, it's gonna be much shorter considering FPs exchange rewards and UBQ and plundering(yes, I'm a huge fan of plundering others), but at least a month, which reaches my limit. So after next expansion, I will jump to InA and seek up trades with InA goods, either I get my Inno tower in 2 months, even Arc, or I jump to PE again. The only reason I change my pace would be a neighborhood freeze for the winter event. If that's the case I might jump to PE right after the event begins so I can overpower most of my neighbors for at least a month.
That's all I got, for now, your guys are welcome to correct me if you can prove your theory :)

DeletedUser27184

Then I came out with an idea that HQs works for a certain of time in each age or era until certain term or terms get filled
I agree.
4. Amount of help you can get from your guild, friends, even neighbors. If you are in a guild which people offer you ARC goods freely or at least asking for an acceptable amount of Fps as a return, it's gonna be quite comfortable to park at a lower age. However, in the newer world, even the top guilds don't offer such deal very much, so moving up to next age sometimes is a necessity. ME goods have better chance to make up trade to CE or FE goods than CA goods, at least in W world.
This.

Apart from getting an Arc as early as possible, all the rest of the important GB's are up to PE and should be relevantly easy to get, even on new worlds. I agree, for the Traz and the CF I will advance as much as needed.

Personally I don't like the advancing part of the game. Everything get bigger but nothing really changes. So I like to park for a very long time. But I wont really stop and park till I get the Arc. Once I get that, I don't really see why to move forward. You can snowball harder where you park then when you move.

DeletedUser28299

HQS Can't Join Forum-- I think you're approaching the problem the right way, but I'm not totally convinced as to your particular resolution regarding Terrace Farms at low levels. One underappreciated point is that out of control coins (more than needed to balance supplies) can be converted directly to FPs. I'm also not sure you are correctly valuing goods. Trading up and down when you are flooded with goods via HQS is very nice.

Lets go in reverse order.

(I'm counting roads)

SOK 6 tiles huge coins per tile plus 1 FP at no happiness cost, totally worth it.

Palace complex number of tiles varies on configurations but lets say about 35-40 tiles. Huge coins, some supplies, some medals, 10 goods (under most configurations) + 6 FPs. Totally worth it.

Sundial Spire 8 tiles huge coins plus 1FP plus defensive bonus, totally worth it.

Terrace Farm-- 35 tiles, just 5 FPS. Clearly not as good as any of the above. It doesn't have coins feeding back into the system. It requires population. It doesn't give goods. It doesn't give medals. It doesn't give supplies. Just FPs. Which is good, to be fair. But is it better than 5 alchemists or clockmakers? Alchemists maybe, especially if you are preparing the jump to colonial. But I'm much less convinced at colonial. Colonial goods are actually worth something as the first rung of the refined goods which lead to future era goods. You get about 100 medals depending on where your CF bonus is. You're getting more supplies. I'm not totally clear that you're wrong, but I think it is a much finer call than any of the above.

(Note that Terrace Farms are totally worth it at high eras because of the goods production possibility for refined goods.)

The game is all about balancing a bunch of different needs. The problem with Terrace Farm for FPs is that it is one dimensional compared to your other options. SOKs and Palaces aren't one dimensional so their superiority to stuffing in clockmakers is clear. Terrace Farms are a closer call.

I also believe that Raven was more concerned about plundering than I currently am, but I understand that can change as you get to the higher eras.

If you're going to park, Colonial is also much better than HMA--because you have ALOT more land.

DeletedUser31440

Have any of the people following this guide taken a Chateau Frontenac up to and above level 35 in HMA? If you use the percentages that CR gives in his Questing Explained in Depth, the UBQ should pay for itself over a big enough sample size, giving you unlimited fp's and goods so long as you have time. Does anyone have any experience doing this?

DeletedUser28670

Have any of the people following this guide taken a Chateau Frontenac up to and above level 35 in HMA? If you use the percentages that CR gives in his Questing Explained in Depth, the UBQ should pay for itself over a big enough sample size, giving you unlimited fp's and goods so long as you have time. Does anyone have any experience doing this?
The problem is, that you will probably die of being bored pressing the Abort button a thousand times. :p
To answer your question yes, something of the sort in LMA @ardak kumerin mentioned this guy, level 100+ Chateau in LMA in Rugnir.

DeletedUser26965

If I did my math right you would need more like 800% which might be like a level 140 CF or so.

DeletedUser31392

@Elrinder This is the point I was trying to make and got lost along the way. Although truth be told I wouldn't go over 76 Alchemist/Clockmaker and at that point get RAH. The higher you take CF the higher your coin output is going to be on a daily basis.

Using HMA as an example, and just rough estimates with a spreadsheet I have been working on (mind you it's an iOS freeware app so this is just rough estimates because I can't do all the fancy if/then formulas and stuff), and also factoring in an idea that this city has 0 special buildings, only 20 Town Houses and 76 Alchemist, plus the Hagia/SMB/LoA/CF/Arc combo. Taking Arc/CF/SMB to 10, and gradually taking LoA to 10 as you level CF to even out the coin/supply ratio.

At about CF level 20 your coins will start to out pace supplies, and adding more Alchemists is actually not space effecient than you would get by adding in RAH.
As CF approaches level 50 you'll want to gradually take RAH to 10 to match SMB/LoA in efficiency.

In this example too Hagia stays Level 3, just enough to cover Happiness production (the investment higher at this stage is not worth the fps you could be spending other places like CF)

I also ignored taking Arc any higher than 10, but that's a whole other ball game I'm not ready to talk about yet.

With these conditions at the end you can do about 2 hours worth of UBQs until your daily resources become nonexistent. The reaso I mention this too is because in CRs guide you hoard enough to advance in age, but truthfully you don't because it will not take long to build up enough c/s to take you to CA. Those resources would be better spent dumping back in for more fp packs, roughly 80-90/day.

I would also like to say that hoarding fp packs can be great for when you want to advance in age and skip ages altogether. However, with the Arc boost in play, and spending every single fp on taking CF to higher levels, granted you are spending them wisely with a system in play to maximize your returns and not at random in swaps just for the sole purpose of leveling CF (you will see a much higher return if you make attempte to maximize profits from swap threads).

Now of course CF has a sweet spot so to speak, different for each age, that essentially allows you to spam UBQs as many times as physically possible in 1 day. Essentially earning you 1500+ fps/day, given you don't die of boredom first (and can play 16+hours Daily doing noting but UBQs)

I won't go into specific details about when this sweet spot is for each age, but for the HMA example I gave with a more realistic timeframe to perform UBQs (4 hours) doing 240 UBQs/hour, comes to about 75fps/hour; level 95 CF is required. The numbers might be different at other ages/eras, I'm just not too bothered with that now, though I will say there's a better place to power level CF ;-)

Now given all this information any extra space you are not using to fill those 5 GBs and your 20 Town Houses/76 Alchemists, would be wasted on more Alchemists and not spent on fp producing buildings.

So yes HQS is pretty lucrative if you are maximizing efficiency for space and fp placements and dumping every single resource gained directly back into Power Leveling your GBs to become optimal. There is however, a point where it becomes less efficient to not be filling excess space with fp/coin combo buildings, taking priority on SoKs then SSWs (Sundial Spire and anything else that can be motivated to produce fps really, and maybe the new Daily Challenge feature will offer those types of buildings as rewards).

PS: I'm not saying this is ideal for everyone either. All I'm saying is this is an optimal setup to return large amounts of fps, given the parameters discussed and not saving any resource, investing everything back in (that includes figuring out how to trade up all those excess goods to a point where you can get a FP return on them as well, and a level 50 CF will give you 690 goods for every ~100 quests, 1190 at level 100).

CRs idea of Hoarding is like a savings account with 0% interest.