• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser28102

Anybody have any opinions on the Gaea Statue? I'm in CA and CR says the next GB I should build is Atomium but it seems to me that GS has a smaller footprint , more happy and at least some medals which seems to me better than a larger foot print , less happy and goods for the guild. Any thoughts?

DeletedUser30900

Anybody have any opinions on the Gaea Statue?
One of the few things I didn't follow CR's directions is getting AO, I have way more than enough happiness. Unless you have serious happiness shortage, don't build extra happiness gb. Even if you do, you can just simply level up traz or hagia

DeletedUser28712

Has the issue stopped being discussed without a decent conclusion, any more opinions of why certain common buildings (eg, Clockmakers) end up following the same sequence of motivation for a few days and then simply fall apart for several days?
I have cities that follow 4 or 5 days with the same clockmakers being motivated, suddenly everything changes and takes several days to reunite those who receive motivation. Other cities are lined up suddenly an entire row of motivated clockmakers appears in the last column of the city.

Three images (below), two of one city and one image of the other city in Beta show in the first case the motivations well aligned in the first and second columns to the left, variously in the last image the last column of the city won many motivations being that I always drag all the clockmakers motivated to the left columns, unexpectedly a right column appears with many motivated clockmakers.
Another observation is that if you use a motivation kit the motivated buildings from the previous day that were grouped in the left columns appear scattered throughout the city.

https://prnt.sc/gq4idi
https://prnt.sc/gq4in7

https://prnt.sc/gq4iw5

Speaking of observations, I've noticed a fairly abnormal number of blueprints showing up, practically twice as usual, has not anyone noticed that the observed percentages of rewards in the recurring quest for C.R. are changing?

DeletedUser30900

Has the issue stopped being discussed without a decent conclusion, any more opinions of why certain common buildings (eg, Clockmakers) end up following the same sequence of motivation for a few days and then simply fall apart for several days?
I have cities that follow 4 or 5 days with the same clockmakers being motivated, suddenly everything changes and takes several days to reunite those who receive motivation. Other cities are lined up suddenly an entire row of motivated clockmakers appears in the last column of the city.
The only reason is, when you get enough friends and a good guild, you don't worry about clockmakers getting motivated or not. They all motivated everyday

DeletedUser31392

I had issues with my 72 24-hour productions and 13 8-hour houses for the first few days, but I asked everyone if they could motivate houses first when they do their daily aiding, and it seems to have settled out now. Occasionally I'll have 1-3 hours and 2-4 alchemists that don't get motivated, but it's not a big problem really. (My hood last week seemed rather inactive with aiding, and I think I need to clean up my inactive friends again too)

Regarding the blueprint rewards mentioned, you have to remember Inno most likely set a specific % for each. In his post, CR listed what he believed the actual % was for each reward in the list. No one really knows if these numbers are accurate (and Inno definitely won't tell us if we are correct), but over a large enough sample size the % he has listed seem accurate.

With % comes probabilities (and I'm not the person to try and explain this), so the numbers you see daily are going to change. Theres room to speculate that the rewards are actually not random at all, but set on a loop, so when skipping some quests you may not see each rewards. This would be difficult to prove, and the easiest way to know if the % listed are close or accurate would be to do 1000 UBQs in a row and record each reward given (preferably listing them in order received to see if indeed there is a pattern)

So seeing several Blueprints now might just mean later you'll end up getting more fp packs or medals. I would try to gauge it on more of a weekly basis and see if your results are different. I myself have been seeing less Blueprints and more fp packs this past week, so I'm sure this coming week will show different results.

And honestly if you have plans on getting an Arc (or have one already) skip the Atomium. The happiness can be gained elsewhere with a better active bonus, and the treasury goods are better at level 10 on Arc than Atomium (and lets face it who wants to take Atom over 10 vs Arc for that GB rewards bonus). While Gaea Statue may seem like the better option if you are looking for more medals and need the happiness, having both Hagia and Traz the happiness you gain from Gaea won't be needed. Even at level 10 the medals from it are laughable at best (367/day). You should have a CF if you are truly doing HQS, so a 75 medal reward turns to 113 @level 1, earning 3.25 medal rewards/day with a level 10 CF in CA will overpower a level 10 Gaea medal reward. (At level 10 it turns to 1.95/day medals from quest rewards)

If you are using it simply for the fact you need Happiness, there are better options available with a better Active bonus.
If you are using it simply to gain medals rewards, using the HQS (or variations of it) will earn you more medals combining your questing with CF (which you should be doing if you are questing).

DeletedUser28102

Thanks for the thoughtful replies. I do have level 10 CF and level 11 Arc which is why I didn't want to get atomium just to give the guild more goods. I also have Traz and HS so why would I need any more happiness.

DeletedUser28712

The only reason is, when you get enough friends and a good guild, you don't worry about clockmakers getting motivated or not. They all motivated everyday

I think you forgot to consider that your situation is not the most common, I do not know how many clockmakers or whatever buildings do you have in your city, I have 136 clockmakers more SOK's and cultural buildings, and even though I got mid-week full motivation, at weekends this falls a lot, so your particular case does not portray the vast majority of people who do not have something like 150 people motivating daily.

Anyway there is a factor that everyone is unaware of how this occurs, and it seems that some here are proud of their lack of knowledge about the game, but I'm not, I'm trying to come to some conclusion because I'm not satisfied not knowing facts and letting fate decides my strategy.

And as to the rewards estimates that the CR published, if they are outdated and have effectively changed over time, all calculations of the correct CF level in each era are absolutely useless as they will be based on a false premise of large and small packets of coins and supplies occurring ... just saying ...

DeletedUser31392

Thanks for the thoughtful replies. I do have level 10 CF and level 11 Arc which is why I didn't want to get atomium just to give the guild more goods. I also have Traz and HS so why would I need any more happiness.

Your welcome :) an honest opinion, and precise calculations of things always helps.

PSA: To anyone reading this guide, remember that CR wrote the majority of this based upon his Guild and what they required to operate. Some of the things he may have mentioned will not always apply to your situation. His guide should be taken as such, and followed loosely, but adhering to the core values of a questing city.

Happy Questing all!

Oh and @Ranzinzaa , I think his values listed are close but might now be precisely what he belived them to actually be.

It appears someone has updated the Random Reward page on wiki and these are the values listed:

Edit: sorry this looked better in the preview =\

Age BP FPs Goods Medals Small Large Small Large
X% ::: 7.14% :::: 7.14% :::::: 35.72% ::::::: 7.14% :::::: 14.29% ::::: 7.14% ::::: 14.29% ::::: 7.14%

The calculations on the Chateau page linked by @jobu523 seem to be based on these numbers. I don't know that I'm convinced these are the values either, but anything is possible.

Who wants to do 10k UBQs in a row for science?:D

DeletedUser31392

I'm extremely curious about how the formula on that page was derived..... the %values on the random reward page match up perfectly to this formula.

I love figuring things out, and this is something that really intrigues me, but I can't remember anything I learned from High School regarding Math and formulas and how any of that works to get back to this point.

I'm just.... stunned.... I changed the % variables in my own spreadsheet to match those newly listed ones on the reward page, and lines up perfectly with this formula...

What is this sorcery??

DeletedUser28712

Oh and @Ranzinzaa , I think his values listed are close but might now be precisely what he belived them to actually be.

It appears someone has updated the Random Reward page on wiki and these are the values listed:

Edit: sorry this looked better in the preview =\

Age BP FPs Goods Medals Small Large Small Large
X% ::: 7.14% :::: 7.14% :::::: 35.72% ::::::: 7.14% :::::: 14.29% ::::: 7.14% ::::: 14.29% ::::: 7.14%

The calculations on the Chateau page linked by @jobu523 seem to be based on these numbers. I don't know that I'm convinced these are the values either, but anything is possible.

Who wants to do 10k UBQs in a row for science?:D[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm talking about ... I even collected data when I evaluated this theory many months ago and I've got data very similar to it, only making the reservation that I got even more Blueprints (1 to 2% more) and Supplies , 1% less in the small package and 2% less in the big, but the numbers in general look like the ones I got better than the statistics published by CR.At the time my sample was 3k records and I did few UBQs, so I did not raise the discussion.

And just to register, one of my cities where I move the motivated buildings to the beginning of the place where I collect the production, where I place 2 to 3 rows of buildings always motivated, is with all the buildings motivated in the same place of the previous day , as if the randomness had completely disappeared, 3 days in a row.

@Mek2 , thank you very much for your accurate and serious response.

DeletedUser27023

My stats:

Currently HMA, Inventory includes about 300 of ea EMA good, 800 of ea HMA good, 100 of ea LMA good. I have QTY 78 of the 5 FP packs and 66 of the 10 FP packs. GBs include Zeus (8) HS (5) CF (6) LoA (10) SMB (2) ToR (4) and yes, Zeus was a waste but that was before I discovered the guide, lol.

City Planner: YOF94DBR42

Some questions:

UBQ or FPs?
I currently have 3.8m coin and 18.8m supplies. I have never used and of it for UBQ but bought FPs instead. Not a lot but my FP purchase amount is at 24,800. Just wondering if I set myself back by doing this. Am I supposed to be spending all my available coin on UBQ? Clearly I have a disproportionate amount of supplies.

When am I ready to make the tech run to CA?
I read the guide and understand that I will make a brief stop in LMA before moving on to CA. I just couldn’t find any hard numbers for when I should make that move.

Should I tear down ToR?
I know I was very early on this but had visions of grandeur and all of the 100 FP relics I was going to win. Btw, I’ve got exactly one 100 FP relic to date. So not worth it. But now at level 4, do I keep it or remove?

DeletedUser28670

Should I tear down ToR?
I know I was very early on this but had visions of grandeur and all of the 100 FP relics I was going to win. Btw, I’ve got exactly one 100 FP relic to date. So not worth it. But now at level 4, do I keep it or remove?
Obviously I'm no heavy quester but I have been ghosting this thread for a few months now.
I remember Cosmic Raven stating many pages back that you should almost never delete a GB you have constructed (unless it is really bad like Colo.)
So there you go from CR don't delete the ToR.

DeletedUser31392

Let's not do that because if they did 10k UBQs in a row then they would probably die of boredom :p

Need to find a scientist to do this for us! The only people in the world that wouldn't die of boredom from a repetitive task, simply because they need the results. :D

DeletedUser28711

My stats:

Currently HMA, Inventory includes about 300 of ea EMA good, 800 of ea HMA good, 100 of ea LMA good. I have QTY 78 of the 5 FP packs and 66 of the 10 FP packs. GBs include Zeus (8) HS (5) CF (6) LoA (10) SMB (2) ToR (4) and yes, Zeus was a waste but that was before I discovered the guide, lol.

Some questions:

UBQ or FPs?
I currently have 3.8m coin and 18.8m supplies. I have never used and of it for UBQ but bought FPs instead. Not a lot but my FP purchase amount is at 24,800. Just wondering if I set myself back by doing this. Am I supposed to be spending all my available coin on UBQ? Clearly I have a disproportionate amount of supplies.

I read the guide and understand that I will make a brief stop in LMA before moving on to CA. I just couldn’t find any hard numbers for when I should make that move.

I'm not going to get into the UBQ vs. FP for Coins question as that is highly debatable.

Before considering the jump, you need to make sure you have all the FPs, goods, coins & supplies needed.

Regarding FPs, you've got a lot more to save up as it takes 1443 FPs for the sprint from HMA to CA Clockmakers.

As for goods, you're in great shape. Here's all the goods you'll need for the sprint:

Iron Age:
Cloth 130
Ebony 140
Jewelry 140
Iron 100
Limestone 150

EMA:
Copper 260
Gold 170
Granite 290
Honey 300
Alabaster 320

HMA:
Bricks 60
Glass 210
Dried Herbs 190
Ropes 230
Salt 200

LMA:
Basalt 80
Brass 110
Gunpowder 120
Silk 40
Talc Powder 70

CA:
Porcelain 60
Tar 40
Wires 80

You're very good on supplies, but I highly recommend that you save up at least double the coins that you have now so you can teardown & rebuild your city. To help with that, stop working on leveling any GBs except your SMB until you get to level 6 & if you do plan on starting to do UBQs, only do 1x UBQ per Collect Coins RQ & while you're cycling through to collect on your Alchemist, only do an UBQ if you get coins as a reward.

Also, after getting your SMB to level 6, then level your HS to 6, then work on leveling your CF>HS>SMB evenly as described in this post.

As for the stop in LMA, some people completely skip it. Others, like me, stop just long enough to get diamonds from each RQ before moving on to CA Clockmakers. This is where leveling your CF as high as you can while in HMA will come into play so you can get the highest amount of diamonds from all the LMA RQs. If you do plan on stopping in LMA for diamonds, I highly suggest that you use all your Alchemist to complete the Collect Supplies RQ (I can't recall the amount of supplies needing to be collected) before you tear them down to rebuild your LMA layout.

Along those lines, when you get into CA, I also suggest that you don't do any of the RQs except for the Produce 2x Turret Clocks, Collect Coins & UBQ until you're ready to leave CA for whichever time period you're going to sprint to next. Holding off on the rest of the RQs until the end will ensure that you get the highest amount of diamonds from those since you'll add at least a couple more levels, if not more, to your CF.

DeletedUser29352

I think that is wonderful advice until the last paragraph. In CA the bread and butter RQs are the Turret Clocks and Collect Supplies. It get 10,500 supplies for each Clockmaker and 20K/48k if I get the small/large supplies. So Collect Supplies turns quickly

DeletedUser28711

In CA the bread and butter RQs are the Turret Clocks and Collect Supplies. It get 10,500 supplies for each Clockmaker and 20K/48k if I get the small/large supplies. So Collect Supplies turns quickly

Very good point, but this only applies if you have the 2nd RQ slot open after completing the Princess Myciena bonus quest.

DeletedUser29352

Which is everyone in CA. If you don’t have 2, then something is massively wrong.

DeletedUser27184

My stats:

City Planner: YOF94DBR42

Some questions:

UBQ or FPs?

Should I tear down ToR?

I run the HQS a little differently. In your situation I would do the following:

While I park my city -
1. Keep Zeus and ToR and start doing GE every week. Zeus is a wonderful GB and is not a waste. Its a waste only if you don't use it. You should hit the GE up to at least to level 3 if not 4. This will net you lots of FP, goods and buildings.
2. Use all your FP through swapping it with other player BG's. This will net you the reward and snowball your FP collection higher.
3. Dont do CR sprints. They waste all the FP that you can invest into GB (see point 2). It slower your overall snowballing through higher level GB's.
4. UBQ as much as you can. Earn now what you can, so you can snowball now. You dont realy need more then a few million supplies when you go to colonial. And money is rather easy to get even on early ages. Dont hold for tommorow what you can use today.

When you move, since you have all the goods needed, its only the FP requirements that will stall you. I guess you produce around 80 FP per day? so it will take you less then 3 weeks of standard leveling through the ages. Its worth to waste a few days in leveling up, if you use the time that you park to snowball hard.

DeletedUser26120

I would level up ToR more instead of getting rid of it. Mine is on 8 and I hit a decent amount of relics. 100fp is very rare but on a good week you can get several 20 fp relics.