• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser30665

Thank you very much! This is exactly the information I was looking for regarding Unbirthday Quests. I am in CA. I have been here a while (on purpose) and didn't even know about the HQS until just a few weeks ago. I am slowly adding the elements to make my game a lot more HQS...but not entirely (I enjoy other aspects too much to sell out). I play UBQ about every other day but have NEVER seen anything but supplies and coins as a reward, so I am losing every time. It will be a long time till I can get enough goods to trade up two ages to get the goods I need for CF so I am just working on patience right now. Thanks for your investment into the stats provided!

DeletedUser30900

So after next expansion, I will jump to InA and seek up trades with InA goods, either I get my Inno tower in 2 months, even Arc or I jump to PE again.
Update, I was about to jump to InA since I got my 18,000 medals expansion already....but I saw the final reward of next event.....definitely not worth it at all... I might stay in CA for another month....Since I only took 16 days to get 18,000 medals, in reality, I guess I can get another expansion before I go to InA :)

DeletedUser28712

Something is massively wrong with me then , I had 2 when I got to CA but I lost the second one is there a way to get it back?

If you had two slots and one closed you probably opened the map of Ind.Age more than you should, or in the wrong order, this should be emphasized to the extreme in the CR text, but unfortunately it is not and has the potential to end good part of the profit of being in the best phase of recurring quests, in Colonial age ... = /

see the way to walk the industrial era map without losing 1 slot :
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...and-recurring-quests.16568/page-3#post-155589

DeletedUser27023

Thank you everyone for the replies. Very helpful. I don’t collect 80FPs a day though. With my 10FP periodics and my alchemists collection, I prob make 50 a day. I intend to level up my SMA and HS before moving on. I also just finished leveling my tavern so I’m going to try and keep the gold bonus up whenever I’m not using it for GE.

Jobu’s post #839, can you please clarify #3 which stated not to do a CR sprint. What does CR stand for?

One last thing. I have an SoK and a Tribal Square in inventory. I couldn’t resist putting down one Tribal Square and a Rosarium but should I really keep everything in inventory for now? I think that’s what I read. It’s just so hard cause I’d really like the extra FPs. Still have 54 Alchemist up atm.

FADEE43_A-0_BF2-4_CA7-_A6_B4-608_B5335_AA0_F.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27184

Thank you everyone for the replies. Very helpful. I don’t collect 80FPs a day though. With my 10FP periodics and my alchemists collection, I prob make 50 a day. I intend to level up my SMA and HS before moving on. I also just finished leveling my tavern so I’m going to try and keep the gold bonus up whenever I’m not using it for GE.

Jobu’s post #839, can you please clarify #3 which stated not to do a CR sprint. What does CR stand for?

One last thing. I have an SoK and a Tribal Square in inventory. I couldn’t resist putting down one Tribal Square and a Rosarium but should I really keep everything in inventory for now? I think that’s what I read. It’s just so hard cause I’d really like the extra FPs. Still have 54 Alchemist up atm.
CR stands for Cosmic Raven. He is the player who started this thread and he advocates the HQS system.
HQS stand for Heavy Quests. This is the system CR advocates.

HQS as was suggested by CR, meant to park in specific ages, then sprint from age to age with minimal waste of time (at most gather a few diamonds before going on).
For a Sprint you need to store both goods and FP before you advance. So you can pass a full era within the same day. And then you can park on the next age, continue doing HQS.

I don't think this sprinting idea is good, as you need to gather tons of FP for this run. Lets say you need 1300FP and it took you 3 months.
In that time, you could have use the points by investing (via swaps) in another player GB's, get back an extra 500FP (as rewards) use them and gather another extra 200 FP. So, you just ended with 2000 FP which means you could have grown your Zeus to level 7, and do tons of GE. This will net you even more FP and Terraces and good stuff. This will make you stronger for the advancing in ages.
Parking is very snowbally. You should snowball to the max.

By my numbers, its better to park in an age for 2.5 months and snowball your GB as strong as possible, then have 2 weeks of advancing an age slowly, then -
Park for 3 months, gathering the goods and FP for a sprint, then in a day you advance a full age.
Because you will have 3 months of stunted growth, vs 2.5 on snowballing growth with 2 weeks of wasted time on advancing.

For maximal snowball, use ALL the FP building you got, minus those who are really really bad (20 spaces of a building for 1 FP is bad. 5 FP for 30 spaces is very very good [that's Terrace]). Get more FP from - GE, tavern and invest them immidiatly into your GB's.

DeletedUser31392

CR stands for Cosmic Raven. He is the player who started this thread and he advocates the HQS system.
HQS stand for Heavy Quests. This is the system CR advocates.

HQS as was suggested by CR, meant to park in specific ages, then sprint from age to age with minimal waste of time (at most gather a few diamonds before going on).
For a Sprint you need to store both goods and FP before you advance. So you can pass a full era within the same day. And then you can park on the next age, continue doing HQS.

I don't think this sprinting idea is good, as you need to gather tons of FP for this run. Lets say you need 1300FP and it took you 3 months.
In that time, you could have use the points by investing (via swaps) in another player GB's, get back an extra 500FP (as rewards) use them and gather another extra 200 FP. So, you just ended with 2000 FP which means you could have grown your Zeus to level 7, and do tons of GE. This will net you even more FP and Terraces and good stuff. This will make you stronger for the advancing in ages.
Parking is very snowbally. You should snowball to the max.

By my numbers, its better to park in an age for 2.5 months and snowball your GB as strong as possible, then have 2 weeks of advancing an age slowly, then -
Park for 3 months, gathering the goods and FP for a sprint, then in a day you advance a full age.
Because you will have 3 months of stunted growth, vs 2.5 on snowballing growth with 2 weeks of wasted time on advancing.

For maximal snowball, use ALL the FP building you got, minus those who are really really bad (20 spaces of a building for 1 FP is bad. 5 FP for 30 spaces is very very good [that's Terrace]). Get more FP from - GE, tavern and invest them immidiatly into your GB's.

I also agree sitting on too many fps is a waste of potential investment. I myself have kept between 200-300 on hand to keep multiple swap threads going, keep up with guild swaps, and watch for potential gains in fp from various players on my list, or watch for great deals on large medal rewards and prints for CF and Arc.

Since I have a level 10 Arc I get those 2fp packs, and typically spend them on either my Guild 3fp swap thread on GBs I have already donated to, or by placing 1 on a GB to watch its progression.

My 5fp packs I will spend on swaps at a rate of 3/4:1 over my 10fp packs, and save the bulk of 10fp packs for watching for great deals on rewards, or for larger swaps. I try to keep an inventory ratio of 3:1 on 10fp:5fp packs.

Doing this allowed me level Arc to 10 in 28 days, (though I did keep 0 packs inventory at that time), and so far 20 on with CF I have it level 7 with 1/3 of way to level 8. So arc progression was about 150fps/day, and CF progression is about 100fp/day (with Arc I had one swap partner that was focused on Arc and guild swaps focusing on Arc. With CF I added a second swap partner who has been focusing on getting SMB prints, between 15-30/day [this lucky duck has Daily Challenges so it varies a lot], as well as having 10-20fps/day going to a guild Obs thread)

I produce 55fps/day from buildings and hourly. The rest all come from using HQS method and being particular about where my packs and daily points go.

@iAmArtemis one thing I have noticed in my current city is my coin production far out weighs my supply production, which will soon hinder my ability to do UBQs. I do have Lords manor, 2 Maj Palace with 3 towers, the Sundial Spire and 7 SoKs now. SMB is level 7 while LoA is level 6. Pair all that with the 220+ Aids I do a day and my coin production is between 30k-70k (depending on Town Production) higher than my Supply production. While this isn't an issue now since I have 1.5mil supplies, it will be for me in the distant future.

While I see you do have a supply stash that far outweighs your coins right now, this can change when doing massive amounts of UBQs. I would suggest tracking daily coin/supply production and comparing the two. Then make adjustments on leveling either SMB or LoA. Keep in mind too that leveling CF higher will also increase daily coin production, so that should help out your case.

As for buildings obtained from GE and events, I would suggest only adding SoKs and SSWs in your particular case for now to help with lack of coin production. TFs are nice to have as well, but keep in mind you need 500 population (3.21 Town Houses) to place them. In your particular case it would help find a balance to coin/supply ratio. In my own case I had 3 and removed them because I had a far greater coin production so I did need near as many houses, and am able to make up the loss in fp production elsewhere.

A lot of the decisions regarding placement of special type buildings will vary on a case by case basis, and cannot be lumped together across everyone's cities. In general though it is best to keep Wells and Tribal Squares tucked away inside the inventory until later eras when conventional good production can become more of chore due to the need of unrefined goods.

Also in regards to UBQs, I will do 1 UBQ on every single abort cycle rotation when collecting my productions throughout the day. I will save up my coins and supplies until CF levels and then find a chance when all my quests are complete and I have no productions left to colllect, then spam UBQ until I get down to ~250k coins(or supplies) and stop until the next time CF levels.

I find this to be a good method personally. I will do about 80-90 quests/day netting me an average of 300 goods a day with my current CF level, far more than I need to finish out GE each week. This has allowed me to begin trading up for LMA/CA goods at a much faster pace than I was before. When my CF levels again in about 4 days I will be able to spam about 150 UBQs which should net me around 500-600 goods in one day. I will be more than ready for LMA/CA tech advancement when my CF gets to 10 (when I plan to move on, though may also consider leveling LoA higher as well before advancing to take betteradvantage of the 2nd recurring quest slot when I make it to CA)

By that point I should have around 1k of each Good from HMA on down, and about 500 of each LMA/CA good to be ready to roll in GE when I make it there. (I am holding 1k of each lower age good to assist Guild Mates. Having the ability to clear out all Guild trades from HMA on down has helped them all out a great deal, and will continue this policy as Inadvsnce further on in Eras)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27023

Meek, thanks so much for the lengthy explanation. It really has me thinking about how to proceed with leveling my next age. You are right about my supplies. I wish I could spend them on something. I’m sure that as I move up I will consume many of those supplies. Coin though.....that is still a challenge. I’m going to work on producing more. I have a lot of goods now so I’m not sure doing UBQs at this point would be worthwhile except it might get me some more FPs which would be welcomed.

Thanks again Jobu. The advice is great. Especially about the sprint vs normal progression. I agree there is no reason to waste the opportunity to get more coin, supplies and goods along the way. There’s no hurry here.

DeletedUser28299

A couple of hints.

You can put down an SOK instead of a supply building. The concentration of coins, lack of population use and 1 FP a day is worth it no matter how you look at it.

If you have a mobile device do your quest abort cycle on the device. It is about 3 times faster than doing it on the computer.

If you are cycling through, it is slightly more efficient to only use the UBQ when its prizes can add to your secondary quest. I.e. NOT when you are cycling the supplies quest back. Save that UBQ for when it can add to your supplies quest or coins quest.

DeletedUser26120

If you have a mobile device do your quest abort cycle on the device. It is about 3 times faster than doing it on the computer.
Is this still true since the update to quests? Didn't seem that way to me and I play on both.

DeletedUser28299

It feels like it to me. The desktop hitches between every cycle, the mobile app sometimes seems to have communication issues but infrequently. I guess if your desktop version doesn't hitch than it won't matter.

DeletedUser28102

Wow what a mess ! I am in CA and I followed the directions on how to get the 2nd recurring quest back in the Ind A map . Not only did I not get the 2nd one but also lost the first one ! Now I have no recurring quests , Help !

DeletedUser26965

Wow what a mess ! I am in CA and I followed the directions on how to get the 2nd recurring quest back in the Ind A map . Not only did I not get the 2nd one but also lost the first one ! Now I have no recurring quests , Help !
Just keep doing the Bonus quest line until it's gone, do or abort all side quests.

INA/PE Quest question