• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser28712

Nice answer guys, ty ! I am confused on how you guys figure out what quests, in CA for example, its worth doing, you just get used to them or get information on Wiki about which one to do or not to do ?

yochananmichael

Nice answer guys, ty ! I am confused on how you guys figure out what quests, in CA for example, its worth doing, you just get used to them or get information on Wiki about which one to do or not to do ?

Per Cosmic Raven's post earlier if it is a recurring quest except for the one that makes you do two separate 24-hr productions then you do it because of the diamonds, forge packs, coins, supplies, etc you get. The story line quests you can't skip anyways. That leaves the Side quests and the benchmark is how much resources do you put out to get the reward and does it take 4 hours or less to complete? I am currently questing in the bronze age and almost ready to go into IA. If the side quest, for example was "research x technology" I skipped it because I know from what CR has already put up is that there is a recurring quest to unlock 2 techs and if I did the "research x technology" type quests I would have missed out on alot with the recurring quests as an example

DeletedUser23444

You won't find this information on the FoE wiki. I don't know about the FoE Wikia, they have some quests, but they don't break down the questing pattern of the game like I do.

A lot of this content is the result of trial-and-error by myself and other players I have personally coached. For example, most players think recurring quests show up at the end of an age's tech tree. That is not true at all and I figured that out with my own analysis.

And yochananmichael hit the nail on the head, we use a litmus test: Can we profit in terms of resources and complete the quest in 4 hours or less? If that answer is yes complete the side quest, it not, we are wasting too much time and resources, so skip it.

Also, if your question is referring to which recurring quests to work, we work the easiest ones to complete. We want to complete the most quest per 24 hours that we can. More quests = more loot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27184

CR, How many Quests per day can be done in the Modern Era? And how many in the Colonial Age? I would like that for different accounts.

DeletedUser23444

CR, How many Quests per day can be done in the Modern Era? And how many in the Colonial Age? I would like that for different accounts.

That all depends on many factors:

• How much land do you have?
  • How much land did you waste on GBs that don't help your produce more resources?
  • How much land did you waste on special buildings?
  • How much bonuses do you have from LoA+StM+CF? These are the GBs that feed into being able to spam UBQs

When I was in CA, and I had this somewhat figured out, I was cranking 50 quests per day easy. The players I coached after me? They were almost doubling my amount of quests.

DeletedUser28446

That all depends on many factors:

• How much land do you have?
  • How much land did you waste on GBs that don't help your produce more resources?
  • How much land did you waste on special buildings?
  • How much bonuses do you have from LoA+StM+CF? These are the GBs that feed into being able to spam UBQs

When I was in CA, and I had this somewhat figured out, I was cranking 50 quests per day easy. The players I coached after me? They were almost doubling my amount of quests.
Great to know CR because I have been doing only the 24 hour produce supply in HMA at the moment and completing it 28 times every 24 hours. I was wondering how I can do more than just that particular quest. I do the ubq about 8 times a day as well but since I'm doing the 24 hour quest I can't do the other gather supply quest because I only have one open recurring quest.
I do have StM at lvl 2 and LoA at lvl 7. Zeus is at 7 as well.

DeletedUser28712

You won't find this information on the FoE wiki. I don't know about the FoE Wikia, they have some quests, but they don't break down the questing pattern of the game like I do.

A lot of this content is the result of trial-and-error by myself and other players I have personally coached. For example, most players think recurring quests show up at the end of an age's tech tree. That is not true at all and I figured that out with my own analysis.

And yochananmichael hit the nail on the head, we use a litmus test: Can we profit in terms of resources and complete the quest in 4 hours or less? If that answer is yes complete the side quest, it not, we are wasting too much time and resources, so skip it.

Also, if your question is referring to which recurring quests to work, we work the easiest ones to complete. We want to complete the most quest per 24 hours that we can. More quests = more loot.

To know if the quest is worth or not, that is exactly the question, reward cames hidden, i spend resources and then surprise, you lost money...
http://prnt.sc/ehtmmc
So guys, would it be too much work just record one of you doing recurring quests with your 24 hsr production as you say you do? I am about to enter CA, i have an idea about how i would change my city, but absolute not sure about doing the recurring quests at that age, would it be possible to make a little movie on that matter ? :D

DeletedUser28015

I have planned my own FoE city in Microsoft Excel ...

It's amazing how little roadway you have ... how did you calculate such a tight packing?

Another question: before we have CF, when we can't produce enough coins to do every UBP, do you have any guidance for how often we should do it?

Thanks.

DeletedUser23444

It's amazing how little roadway you have ... how did you calculate such a tight packing?

If you pay close attention up in the several, mostly empty, posts I made to place-hold for future guide content, you will see that I'm slowly working on the City Design section. Since that section is in a constant state of re-write, don't go quoting anything I have typed up yet' it will be better if you wait until I post a notice at the end of the topic to check it out, which will be after I consider that section more-less complete. I have a lot more content coming on designing a city for questing setup.

Another question: before we have CF, when we can't produce enough coins to do every UBQ, do you have any guidance for how often we should do it?

In general an HMA player needs somewhere close to both 8 million coins and 8 million supplies stockpiled to tech sprint from the end of the HMA Tech Tree up to the Clockmaking technology of the Colonial Age Tech Tech Tree. So any time both your coins and supplies are above 8 million, spam UBQs to your heart's content. If you are below those minimum stockpiles, be less greedy and only complete as many UBQs that still allow both your coins and supplies stockpiles to increase each day.

DeletedUser23444

To know if the quest is worth or not, that is exactly the question, reward cames hidden, i spend resources and then surprise, you lost money...
http://prnt.sc/ehtmmc
So guys, would it be too much work just record one of you doing recurring quests with your 24 hsr production as you say you do? I am about to enter CA, i have an idea about how i would change my city, but absolute not sure about doing the recurring quests at that age, would it be possible to make a little movie on that matter ? :D

Do not confuse quests that pay a "Random Reward" with quests that pay a "Hidden Reward". These are two completely different types of quest rewards. All quests that pay "Random Rewards" draw their rewards form the same prize list that I published in my guide. And each and every quest that pays a "Random Reward" has a chance to pay a base package of 20 Diamonds; it does not matter what type (Story/Side/Recurring/Bonus/Event) of quest is offering the "Random Reward".

As to quests that pay hidden rewards, some of them are winners and some of them are losers. But I refuse to document every quest in the game. I don't have the time, I don't have the desire, and I also believe that I should leave things with the element of mystery that was designed into them by the game designers.

DeletedUser28712

Do not confuse quests that pay a "Random Reward" with quests that pay a "Hidden Reward". These are two completely different types of quest rewards. All quests that pay "Random Rewards" draw their rewards form the same prize list that I published in my guide. And each and every quest that pays a "Random Reward" has a chance to pay a base package of 20 Diamonds; it does not matter what type (Story/Side/Recurring/Bonus/Event) of quest is offering the "Random Reward".

As to quests that pay hidden rewards, some of them are winners and some of them are losers. But I refuse to document every quest in the game. I don't have the time, I don't have the desire, and I also believe that I should leave things with the element of mystery that was designed into them by the game designers.

Understood. And what about the movie ? Would it be possible ?

DeletedUser28015

In general an HMA player needs somewhere close to both 8 million coins and 8 million supplies stockpiled to tech sprint from the end of the HMA Tech Tree up to the Clockmaking technology of the Colonial Age Tech Tech Tree. So any time both your coins and supplies are above 8 million, spam UBQs to your heart's content. If you are below those minimum stockpiles, be less greedy and only complete as many UBQs that still allow both your coins and supplies stockpiles to increase each day.

Thanks much. It's going to be a while ... I only have 1.6M coins but that should start to rise faster, as my StM is soon to hit level 1. Of course constructing it cost heavily in goods, so I have to build those back up, too.

DeletedUser28712

I have been productive using LoA with large supplies buildings, small buildings just waste the 40 supply collections that would be increased by Loa.
Moreover you guys seems having much more supplies than cois, so what for would you need this GB, even putting it as "build ASAP in HMA" ?

DeletedUser28446

I have been productive using LoA with large supplies buildings, small buildings just waste the 40 supply collections that would be increased by Loa.
Moreover you guys seems having much more supplies than cois, so what for would you need this GB, even putting it as "build ASAP in HMA" ?
I just got my St.M to lvl 2 and it made a huge improvement on the coin to supply ratio. Also the amount of supplies you produce isn't the main concept here, it's how many times you can perform the 24h supply quest. So more buildings is better than less buildings with higher supply output.

DeletedUser28446

This might be a dumb question but I Can't find it anywhere. How does one get a GB from the progressive era in the HMA? I see it mentioned here but CR but I'll be dammed if I can find it

DeletedUser23444

This might be a dumb question but I Can't find it anywhere. How does one get a GB from the progressive era in the HMA? I see it mentioned here but CR but I'll be dammed if I can find it

You need to find a FP Swap partner, who is willing to let you swap your FPs to their CF, which allows you to score the BP for a CF. You can also swap your lower age goods+FPs donations to a PE goods sellers GB in exchange for the goods to construct CF. In Colonial Age, when you have more land, you do a simial thing with the Arc, which is a GB from the Future Era. It might seem like an expensive process to construct either of these GBs, but the power of constructing the CF in HMA, and the Arc in Colonial Age, will more than make up for the cost you paid for them as you progress through the game. Both of these GBs are "force multipliers", taking the quests we complete and the FP swaps that we enter and multiplying the rewards we score from either activity.

Constructing such GBs will work best when you are in a guild that has some understanding of this strategy, and that guild also has more established players in higher eras that are willing to assist team mates.

Eventually, I will write a completely separate guide how we manage to get the lower-age players in our guild the higher-era GBs. It is a somewhat complex process, but it lowers the total cost of the newer players while also helping the higher-era players. But that guide will be quite lengthy itself and I have more important content to add here.

This guide right now, is maybe 30% complete.

DeletedUser28015

The point is to collect the random rewards from the recurring request for the 24 hour production, which is one per building. More smaller buildings is much better than fewer big buildings. And the need for LoA is of course to increase the accumulation of supplies ... why wouldn't anyone want to do that, especially when LoA is only 4x4? More supplies than coins is because one builds LoA two ages before one builds StM.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23444

You completely missed the point of using small supply buildings Go read the guide again.