• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser28446

Wow CR you were so right with the CF. even at lvl 2 it's insane the impact it has on a heavy questing city. I had a buddy of mine that had one that traded with me till I got it. I'm in HMA and what a impact it did on my performance.

DeletedUser23444

Wow CR you were so right with the CF. even at lvl 2 it's insane the impact it has on a heavy questing city. I had a buddy of mine that had one that traded with me till I got it. I'm in HMA and what a impact it did on my performance.

Maybe, just maybe, I know what I'm talking about here huh?;)

DeletedUser26965

Do you know the quest costs for AF and FE for the recurring quests? I'd like to compare them to OF as seen here:
Here is the list of the 15 CRAPPY recurring quests that will be a pain to scroll through.

Also, 500k Supplies and Coins for the Unbirthday quest???? THAT IS WAYYYY TOO MUCH!!! I sure hope the rewards are doubled since the cost of the Unbirtday Quest was doubled from Arctic Future!!!

/
1. Gather 1,500,000 supplies
2. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times <----WE DONT NEED 3 of these!!!
3. Spend 139 fp <----PLEASE make this an even 100 or 200 Can we please have both!!!
4. Gain 16,000 happiness <----WAY TOO HIGH....DELETE
5. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times <----WE DONT NEED 3 of these!!!
6. Gather 1,000,000 coins
7. Have 4 eels, have 4 CRABS <----WE DONT NEED 3 of these!!!
8. Have 20,000 population available
9. Pay 500,000 coins, pay 500,000 supplies <-----Lower these values to 350k or less each, much more reasonable
10. Research 2 technologies
11. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times <----WE DONT NEED 3 of these!!!
12. Have less than 42 population available
13. Buy 5 forge points
14. Have 4 eels and have 4 Sub Cruiser <----WE DONT NEED 3 of these!!!
15. Have 4 CRAB and have 4 Sub Cruiser <----WE DONT NEED 3 of these!!!

And any thoughts on this Recurring Quests - What do I do with this?

DeletedUser28446

Maybe, just maybe, I know what I'm talking about here huh?;)
I and I'm sure others here, are very appreciative on your hard work. I love hearing people in my guild say the CF is useless. I then explain to them that for what I am doing, heavy questing, it is the most impactful,important building for my city to be successful.

DeletedUser28768

CR,

I made an account just to thank you for your work in this guide. I too has just aimlessly playing the game, but that all changed when I read your guide when you first posted it. I am in the HMA, and got myself the CF (lv3) and The Arc (lv6), and my whole style of game has changed dramatically. I think I have read your guide like 20 times and each time I find something new. Anyways, I check this thread daily just to see if you have posted something new. There are still a few things that I struggle with specially since my guild does not following this type of play, and I am leveling my GB at a very slow pace. But, I just wanted to say that I am very grateful for your work! My resources have increased dramatically.
If anyone lives in Odhorvar and need BP, just add me as friend.

DeletedUser23444

I and I'm sure others here, are very appreciative on your hard work. I love hearing people in my guild say the CF is useless. I then explain to them that for what I am doing, heavy questing, it is the most impactful,important building for my city to be successful.

There are still a few things that I struggle with specially since my guild does not following this type of play, and I am leveling my GB at a very slow pace.

This style of play goes way beyond what most other, more conventional, players can understand. It goes against everything they believe the game is about. But the truth is that you are going to produce more: goods, medals, FPs, diamonds, coins, and supplies, that they will over the same course of total game play time.

Be sure you find FP Swap partners. Even players who do not practice Heavy Questing eventually start swapping FPs.

DeletedUser23444

(A) Do you know the quest costs for AF and FE for the recurring quests? I'd like to compare them to OF as seen here:
(B) And any thoughts on this Recurring Quests - What do I do with this?

(B) I posted an answer on your topic about that situation.

(A) I do not know, nor do I care, about AFE or later eras. I absolutely refuse to advance past FE in this game, until Inno Games does something about the massive amount of guild goods that my: Arc, Atomium, and Observatory would produce for my guild, that more-less becoming 95% useless in AFE and beyond. FE guild goods are useful for GvG, my guild already has 10s of 1000s of AFE Treasury goods, more than we could ever spend, since they cannot be used for GvG. 100s of players have asked Inno Games to change the three Guild goods GBs so that we could produce guild goods for any period from our Town Hall or a lower age. But Inno Games rarely listens to player's feedback, especially when it might mean that they must admit the threw the game out-of-balance, with some design change they forced upon players (All Ages GvG map being the final one in this case, and thus no GvG use for any goods beyond FE).

That being said here the cost of the FE quests:
  • UBQ = Pay 250K coins + 250K supplies
  • Collect 800,000 coins
  • Collect 1,000,000 supplies
  • Produce 5 x <24-hour production>
  • Spend 99 FPs
  • Research 2 Techs
The other quests are all "Produce Units" (see description in my guide), which you should not waste time anyway if you own Alcatraz. I'm on Noarisl, you can check my city there. I complete 7 Produce Supplies quests per day, about 6 Collect Coins per day, about 2-3 Collect Supplies per day, and I complete 1 UBQ every time I see that quest when I also have either a "Collect Coins" or a "Collect Supplies" open in my other recurring quest giver slot. In other words, I never complete the UBQ, unless the coins or supplies I might score for it as quest output, could be applied as input to another quest. So I will not complete UBQ if my other quest slot is "Spend 99 FPs", since any coins or supplies I scored (which is 4 possible rewards out of the entire list of 8 possible rewards, or 50% of the possibilities) could not be applied as progress toward another quest.

DeletedUser26965

s I said read my guide where I discuss in great detail each type of recurring quest.
I'm guessing that's a no then since you have recommended buildings for each era. It's leads one to think the way that's written "Produce 5 x <24-hour production>" you can produce any 24h production but that would be rather a bit too powerful I would think. What's the actual wording of these recurring quests? I'm assuming they mean produce 5 24 hour productions of your current age.

DeletedUser28711

I'm guessing that's a no then since you have recommended buildings for each era. It's leads one to think the way that's written "Produce 5 x <24-hour production>" you can produce any 24h production but that would be rather a bit too powerful I would think. What's the actual wording of these recurring quests? I'm assuming they mean produce 5 24 hour productions of your current age.

For an example, in HMA, there are 3 such quest:

Produce 2x saltpeters
Produce 2x carrots
Produce 2x saltpeters & 2x carrots

These are the 24 hour productions from the standard (non-premium) HMA production buildings which are the Alchemist & Farm. These quest will require 24 hour productions from the standard production buildings of whichever time period you're in.

DeletedUser26965

For an example, in HMA, there are 3 such quest:

Produce 2x saltpeters
Produce 2x carrots
Produce 2x saltpeters & 2x carrots

These are the 24 hour productions from the standard (non-premium) HMA production buildings which are the Alchemist & Farm. These quest will require 24 hour productions from the standard production buildings of whichever time period you're in.
Okay I knew those it, so for FE then 5x Full Meal from Food Printer and such.

DeletedUser28711

Cosmic Raven,

I concur with those before me in thanking you for posting this tremendous amount of helpful info. I also thank your guild mates for all their time & effort researching, testing & improving this guide.

I just converted to this heavy questing strategy a couple weeks ago & already notice the advantages. I'm now working on getting a CF while in HMA so I can reap even more rewards.

Keep up the great work.

mlnjr74205
Greifental

DeletedUser28446

Cosmic Raven,

I concur with those before me in thanking you for posting this tremendous amount of helpful info. I also thank your guild mates for all their time & effort researching, testing & improving this guide.

I just converted to this heavy questing strategy a couple weeks ago & already notice the advantages. I'm now working on getting a CF while in HMA so I can reap even more rewards.

Keep up the great work.

mlnjr74205
Greifental
I have the CF at lvl 3 in HMA and it's a huge difference

DeletedUser28446

CR in your opinion, how often should I do the UBQ quest? I'm in HMA with my CF almost to 4 and my StM at 4. My coins are at 540k and supplies 1.8 million as I am writing this. I know you mentioned when I have 8 million for both to tech sprint to clockmaking then I can do it as much as I like as long as I don't drop below 8 million on both items. Right now I'm doing it 10 times per 24 hour production. No idea if this is a good idea but I do it till I receive 2 medium FP packs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28768

CR in your opinion, how often should I do the UBQ quest? I'm in HMA with my CF almost to 4 and my StM at 4. My coins are at 540k and supplies 1.8 million as I am writing this. I know you mentioned when I have 8 million for both to tech sprint to clockmaking then I can do it as much as I like as long as I don't drop below 8 million on both items. Right now I'm doing it 10 times per 24 hour production. No idea if this is a good idea but I do it till I receive 2 medium FP packs.

Kragan,

I am not sure what CR will say but I would approach the UBQ quest with upmost prudence at your coin level. My current coin is at 3.2M and supply is at 4.4M. I read your post right before picking up my quest, and without doing any UBQ, I collected 228,332 supplies and 29,300 coins total. I have my SMB at lv4 and my CF at lv3. As you can see, it is easy to get carry away doing UBQ, I did at the beginning, but the amount of coins that I get as random rewards are actually very low, only 29,300 total. So, I would feel more confortable waiting until I have more than 8 millions coins/supply like CR suggested to start spamming the UBQ quest. Now, I only do it if in the previous random reward I get coins. I feel like at this rate, I can approach my target of 8 million quicker.

DeletedUser28446

Kragan,

I am not sure what CR will say but I would approach the UBQ quest with upmost prudence at your coin level. My current coin is at 3.2M and supply is at 4.4M. I read your post right before picking up my quest, and without doing any UBQ, I collected 228,332 supplies and 29,300 coins total. I have my SMB at lv4 and my CF at lv3. As you can see, it is easy to get carry away doing UBQ, I did at the beginning, but the amount of coins that I get as random rewards are actually very low, only 29,300 total. So, I would feel more confortable waiting until I have more than 8 millions coins/supply like CR suggested to start spamming the UBQ quest. Now, I only do it if in the previous random reward I get coins. I feel like at this rate, I can approach my target of 8 million quicker.
Thank you for the insight Castle. I will hold off till I am much richer

DeletedUser23444

I'm doing the 24 hour quest I can't do the other gather supply quest because I only have one open recurring quest.

This will change for you after you jump up to Colonial age and complete the Bonus Quest line given by Princess Mycenia and your conquer the bonus C Map area between LMA and CA.

DeletedUser23444

Kragan,

I would pretty much say the same thing as Castle Ruck but I would add some more information for you to consider.

1. When we first arrive in HMA, we are going to remain in HMA for quite some time — long enough to build up enough: FP packs, goods, coins and supplies, so that that we can complete the Tech Sprint between HMA questing and Colonial Age over one weekend. We might consider stopping in LMA to work each LMA recurring quest for diamonds, but won't actually park in LMA very long — we either pit-stop in LMa for diamonds or pass it completely by and skip ahead to Colonial Age Clockmakers. The coins and supplies required to sprting form the end of HMA to the "Clockmaking" technology in Colonial Age is about 8 million of each.

2. If you do not own a CF, then I advise waiting to spam UBQs. Why? As mentioned in #1 above we need to build up coins and supplies stockpiles anyway, which we do while we are trying to amass the complete set of blueprints for CF plus the PE goods to construct it. So by the time we own a CF, and it has some levels, by then we should be close to our 8 million coins and supplies stockpiles. This means when we are ready to spam UBQs, we score greater returns, through enhanced quest rewards, for the coins and supplies we pay to complete the UBQ. And even when we score the "loser" quest rewards of either a small or large coins or supplies package, these rewards are also buffed by our CF bonus. This has the net effect of greatly reducing the rate at which we burn up our coins or supplies stockpiles. I think at either CF level 5 or CF level 6 scoring a large package of either coins or supplies will result in a profit of whichever resource we scored from the quest reward, meanwhile we still lost the other resource we paid. So the CF not only helps us with more goods and medals, but it is instrumental when we spam UBQs at reducing our loss rate of coins and supplies. The higher level CF is, the more we can afford to spam UBQs.
So if you know you are going to be in age along time (HMA or CA) stockpiling the coins or supplies should happen organically by the time we advance, so long as our CF is sufficiently leveled. Now you understand why CF is the #1 GB to level in HMA and the #2 GB to level in Colonial (behind The Arc).