• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Egypt Cultural Settlement Feedback

Algona

The battlefield tiles are pretty clear in my opinion. Bushes are short plants, trees are tall, and hills are bumps. The rest are plains.

Kinda harsh? While you think the empty terrain tiles ere average looking, I think they look nice. :p

regarding Impediments

Dunno if I was lucky, a lot of Expansions have impediments on the outer edges of the Expansions away from the original settlement. I've been able to ignore about half the impediments and saving my pickaxes for the impediments that are close to the original settlement.

'Reading' which impediments to remove as part of evaluating Expansion plans. Another new skill to learn, might turn out to ne a skill critical to long term success in Egypt.

The impediment thing is one of the reasons I think the lead designer was more interested in frustrating players then making Egypt long term fun.

Hmmm, wonder if that was the same designer that made the mistake of making St. P Event so easy to screw up at the start?

UBERhelp1

The impediment thing is one of the reasons I think the lead designer was more interested in frustrating players then making Egypt long term fun.

Hmmm, wonder if that was the same designer that made the mistake of making St. P Event so easy to screw up at the start?
And the spring event near impossible to get a fully leveled event building for free, and Beta spoiler the guy who made SAAB Mars ore synthesizers only produce 4 per day

Couple of questions regarding the Egyptian settlement:

First, if I have a military building up and unlock all the recruitment slots. Then, because I need the room for something else, remove that building and then later rebuild it, will I have to unlock all the slots again?

Secondly, I SWEAR my timer said I had 18 days left yesterday. Today it says I have 22 days left. Am I hallucinating or did Inno increase the time to finish?

DeletedUser38138

I am on 7 worlds. I started playing in Dec. 2018. I bought an iPad last year. Only way I will play the game now. Will never go back to a PC to play the game. Playing on 7 fully functional cities with no farms is time consuming, but like building cities not farms.

On iPad had some server problems but only had to log back in on this Egypt Settlement.

One of my guild mates said he could not progress any further because his army was not strong enough. So I guess if you do not play the settlement right you may have to start over. Not true on the Vikings or Japan. Egypt is OK so far. Do not like the impediments and though some are free seems Inno wants you to spend diamonds to remove.

At 27 days minimum per settlement it will take almost a year to complete if you do not pause. Good luck everyone.

WinnerGR

I am on 7 worlds. I started playing in Dec. 2018. I bought an iPad last year. Only way I will play the game now. Will never go back to a PC to play the game. Playing on 7 fully functional cities with no farms is time consuming, but like building cities not farms.

On iPad had some server problems but only had to log back in on this Egypt Settlement.

One of my guild mates said he could not progress any further because his army was not strong enough. So I guess if you do not play the settlement right you may have to start over. Not true on the Vikings or Japan. Egypt is OK so far. Do not like the impediments and though some are free seems Inno wants you to spend diamonds to remove.

At 27 days minimum per settlement it will take almost a year to complete if you do not pause. Good luck everyone.
I have completed 2 on Beta and only spent 500 diamonds

Well, I gave up on my Egyptian settlement today. While I love the culture and the look and feel of it, fighting just isn't my thing and I wasn't getting anywhere with it. But when I realized today that it was making me stressed about playing FOE that I gave it up. Not what I need right now. I guess I'll just go back to finishing out the Vikings (already finished the Japanese). I'd rather do TEN negotiations to avoid doing ONE battle, that's how much I despise the battle system in FOE.

Super Catanian

Well, I gave up on my Egyptian settlement today. While I love the culture and the look and feel of it, fighting just isn't my thing and I wasn't getting anywhere with it. But when I realized today that it was making me stressed about playing FOE that I gave it up. Not what I need right now. I guess I'll just go back to finishing out the Vikings (already finished the Japanese). I'd rather do TEN negotiations to avoid doing ONE battle, that's how much I despise the battle system in FOE.
When you think about it, it's really actually balanced for everyone. The Whales don't have the advantage of their Buildings in their cities to help them fight those battles. After a few, you get used to the fighting system. There are some strategies out there that will work pretty well (perhaps in my signature?). And before you start hating on me, yes, I understand that one should not stress over a video game.

I have completed 2 on Beta and only spent 500 diamonds
I'm about to complete one by only spending 0 Diamonds! 10x0 is still 0!!

Joeyjojojo

Since I was able to finish the first with 11 days still on the timer (for gold) I think this may be even lower stress than Japan. Lots of land to build on, and really only need 2 barracks...even if I want to do some of the hard fights which aren't really necessary, though they do let you keep more goods buildings going. The 30k coins to gather on the last quest is a pain, but I kinda like that it actually made me use that clunky pyramid, which I would not have done otherwise.

If you are halfway decent at fighting this settlement is relatively easy, if long. I'm still disappointed by the main reward, though it'll get built. I like the secondary building enough that I may do extra runthroughs to get more.

One sort of related thing: when I'm not doing the settlements I find the exclamation point on the ship annoying, so I would start a settlement, build nothing and ignore it. Now that we get coins from the town hall building in the other settlements that is no longer an option so there's no way to make that go away.

When you think about it, it's really actually balanced for everyone. The Whales don't have the advantage of their Buildings in their cities to help them fight those battles.
I understand that. It's not that there's anything wrong with the settlement per se. It's just not for ME. There are other elements of the game I don't interact with because of my playstyle. I just have to add this one to the list. I was only lamenting that it's a shame because I love the Egyptian culture and the way it looks in this implementation.

After a few, you get used to the fighting system. There are some strategies out there that will work pretty well (perhaps in my signature?).
Well, I've been playing FOE for nearly four years now, and haven't got "used to" the battle system yet. LOL I just don't have the patience for it. And even when I DO take the time to strategize and position my troops, I still loose more often than I win, which is frustrating. I just don't want to play a chess game every time there's a battle. In short, it's not Inno, it's ME. :p

However, I will check out your guides. Thank you for that suggestion.

And before you start hating on me, yes, I understand that one should not stress over a video game.
No hate here. And, yeah, I play to make a nice looking city and to help my guildmates. I also enjoy the new GbG and run strategy and negotiations for my guild. And, guess what, I don't fight. :)

-Sebastian-

I'm not sure if this is intended behavior or a bug, but when my Nubian Archers are hiding in bushes, and attack a Camel Archer while within the Camel Archer's range but not next to it, the Camel Archer's "Contact!" ability lets them retaliate and damage my Nubian Archer, even though my Nubian Archer should be immune to distance attacks.

Agent327

I'm not sure if this is intended behavior or a bug, but when my Nubian Archers are hiding in bushes, and attack a Camel Archer while within the Camel Archer's range but not next to it, the Camel Archer's "Contact!" ability lets them retaliate and damage my Nubian Archer, even though my Nubian Archer should be immune to distance attacks.

That's how Contact! works.

Super Catanian

Kinda weird how it still applies even if the Nubian Archer is not in the Mounted Camel Archer's range. I know that the Contact! ability of an MG Team (PME) doesn't activate if I attack with Artillery and am out of their range.

-Sebastian-

Huh. This is my first time playing with units with "Contact!", but that's not how it seemed like it should work... Oh well.

Kinda weird how it still applies even if the Nubian Archer is not in the Mounted Camel Archer's range. I know that the Contact! ability of an MG Team (PME) doesn't activate if I attack with Artillery and am out of their range.

Are you sure about that? I've attacked camels with archers, and not gotten any retaliation, because my archers were out of the camel's range...