• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser31392

Thanks, some interesting stuff there, but I’m not that far along. I haven’t even scouted an IndA province yet.

As far as I can tell, I have two quest slots, both running the CA bonus questline but at different points in the quest. It’s all about Ludwig. Is this normal?

Oh..? That’s weird. I did look them up on the Bonus Quest list on the fan run Wiki and “Get Ludwig” was not listed, but “Fast Attack!” was.

It’s possible you are just in some side quests that are non-abortable. I have heard something about that being mentioned before but have not personally come across it myself.

Reviewing the Wiki page for “Get Ludwig” it shows that it is inbetween 2 of the Bonus quests for that line, but on the Bonus quest list page itself it is not listed at all... very strange indeed.

Might want to try starting a new thread about this in the Questions section of the forum to get more hits on your issue :)

DeletedUser29623

I will do. Some of the quests have been renamed, I think. Get Ludwig seems to be Force Ludwig Out, in that it has the same text and rewards, but instead of asking for two of the provinces (which I’ve already acquired), it asks me to recruit two units.

I am assuming I need to either complete the bonus quest or story quest to get the second recurring quest? I just entered CA yesterday. [sorry if this has already been asked]

If I am understanding this correctly I need to complete the bonus quests then. It's all LMA stuff. I was only in LMA for about a week and didn't do any of those.

DeletedUser31392

If I am understanding this correctly I need to complete the bonus quests then. It's all LMA stuff. I was only in LMA for about a week and didn't do any of those.

Sounds about right. If you go too far on the IndA Map you’ll lose the 2nd RQ giver.

I linked you to that post to read up on both threads since they go into detail about how to get the 2nd RQ and how to avoid losing it.

Cheers!

DeletedUser29623

I now have both recurring quests in CA. Sometimes one of them becomes a bonus or side quest, but if I abort or fulfill it it goes back to recurring quests again

DeletedUser29352

Oh dear. It Is it is possible to find yourself in a position where you cannot complete one of the quests that you should have done in LMA without moving to IA. A quest that opens the second slot. You should have access to both quests your entire time in CA.

DeletedUser31392

Oh dear. It Is it is possible to find yourself in a position where you cannot complete one of the quests that you should have done in LMA without moving to IA. A quest that opens the second slot. You should have access to both quests your entire time in CA.

Research a Culture building Technology? I assume that is what you are referring to for the LMA Quests, correct?

DeletedUser25920

No, he is not in any such danger. He says he has not completed any of the LMA bonus quests yet (so he just has to complete them). What you are referring to is a story quest back in HMA (research cultural building) and he has definitely completed that, else he would not have triggered the LMA bonus quest in the first place.

DeletedUser29352

I am almost certain you can trigger the princess quest line without having done all of your HMA side quests. I had the research a cultural tech pop up after I had done the princess quest if memory serves. Fortunately I still had one left

DeletedUser31616

Is there a point at which you should STOP collecting the unbirthday quests? I have been parking in LMA for 3-4 weeks to get my GB's leveled up and I found that my supplies have been pretty stagnant because the unbirthday quest is not paying off very often. So should I stop collecting on that until I move up to CA and have new quests?

DeletedUser29031

Is there a point at which you should STOP collecting the unbirthday quests? I have been parking in LMA for 3-4 weeks to get my GB's leveled up and I found that my supplies have been pretty stagnant because the unbirthday quest is not paying off very often. So should I stop collecting on that until I move up to CA and have new quests?

UBQ serves to convert coins/supplies into other usefull resources (goods, medal, fp's), so normally it should not pay off. Usually my suppies/coins stock goes down if I spam UBQ, even if it is just one UBQ per quest cycle. As long you have enough coins/supplies for the era jump, that should not be a problem.
Also you shouldn't park in LMA, even to level up GE's. Just stay enough time to collect the diamonds, then move to Colonial.

DeletedUser31392

UBQ will not pay back coins and supplies unless you have an extremely high leveled Chateau, so a decline in said resources is normal.

The way most will work it is to collect everything using the RQs and doing UBQs for every cycle. Then with whatever resources you have remaining continue to do UBQs until your resources drop down to a spot you feel comfortable with. For me that range is about 50k Supplies. I do that to ensure I can do a few more UBQs when I complete “Spend xx fps” RQ throughout the day. Some will choose to have a much higher number.

If you follow CR he would recommend to keep a minimum amount needed to advance for your next tech jump. I find that silly since you can easily obtain the resources you need in less than 2 weeks and if you are using this strategy you will be planning when your jump will be. Any stashed resources not spent on UBQs means you are not using the RQ to its fullest potential to obtain Goods Medals and most importantly FP packs.

DeletedUser27184

Do you have LoA and RaH?
Did you level them?
Between this two, and a few production buildings, you should have a lot of supplies. Put as many production buildings as you can (IMHO - don't kick any FP buildings, they are awesome. CR was a bit too heavy handed with them), and start level those GB's till you start to stockpile supplies.
Leveling the GB's is very critical in this game. I would advise at least level 5 for LoA and 4 for RaH.
If you cant get the RaH, level up the LoA until you reach the positive supply tresh hold.

DeletedUser28124

"Fibbing".
https://gyazo.com/3ed9ca99734aac5602b4d7d743007fdf

Since you haven't bothered to understand how a HMA city works, I'll break it down for you. The low numbers are because I have not blindly followed CR advice. Some FP productions are better than pure alchemist.

Produce 24h : 26
Gather coins: 13
UBQ : 38.5
Spend FP: 5
Feedback UBQ: 39.73
Total: 122.23 quests

Feedback UBQ means the UBQ that you do by reinvesting coins/supplies from "failed UBQs" over and over until you have burned throught your daily production. For these calculations, I used CR statistical data, not mine (because I assumed he had more samples, which might or might not be true).
This is quite possibly the most ridiculous way the heavy quest in Oceanic Future I have ever seen. You are making life WAY TO HARD Rolling on the floor laughing at this.

DeletedUser28124

Beautiful. I was just curious about the other since he was fibbing about how many quests he was doing.
Wow, talk about making life difficult for yourself, Um.. there are far better ways to heavy quest in Oceanic that this without having to resort to a city of nothing but black smiths. I am literally laughing out loud at that screen shot. Some people are just thick I guess.

DeletedUser31616

Do you have LoA and RaH?
Did you level them?
Between this two, and a few production buildings, you should have a lot of supplies. Put as many production buildings as you can (IMHO - don't kick any FP buildings, they are awesome. CR was a bit too heavy handed with them), and start level those GB's till you start to stockpile supplies.
Leveling the GB's is very critical in this game. I would advise at least level 5 for LoA and 4 for RaH.
If you cant get the RaH, level up the LoA until you reach the positive supply tresh hold.

I just started trying to HQS while I was in LMA so I don't have enought FP's to tech sprint yet. Right now I have 14.7M coins and 4M in supplies. I just increased my supplies about 700K this week by avoinding the unbirthday party rewards. Most of my GB's are at level 4 or 5, so I was trying to get those to at least 5 and store up some FP's and then move on to the Colonial age.