• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser27184

I just started trying to HQS while I was in LMA so I don't have enought FP's to tech sprint yet. Right now I have 14.7M coins and 4M in supplies. I just increased my supplies about 700K this week by avoinding the unbirthday party rewards. Most of my GB's are at level 4 or 5, so I was trying to get those to at least 5 and store up some FP's and then move on to the Colonial age.
If you park, park efficiently.
If you level an age, go level an age.

While parking, use as many UBQ that you can. Keep a small store of coins/supplies. For HmA half a million of each is more then enough.
A few days before you level, just stop running the UBQ and gather enough to level up.
Don't hold large sums of coints/supplies if you are not leveling up soon. Use them on UBQ and earn immediately a small reward to invest NOW into the city.

The big question is whether to level or not.
I myself rather park most of the time and level my GB's up. It take time for a city to get the snowball effect, but over time, the same city, in same age, can produce much more over time then when you level it. You can double the production (FP's, goods, supplies...) of a city, and this bonus will stay with your through the ages (as they are buffs from the GB's).
I guess that's the reason behind CR advise to sprint from age to age. To waste as little time in not HQS'ing. I don't think this sprinting is good, as it waste too many good FP's that you could invest in your city and become stronger.

I do have an indication when not to level yet. It take some time to reach the farming stage in an age. To have GE4 on farm, have abundance of goods to buy higher level goods. To have all your existing GB's (such as CF, RaH/LoA, attack buildings) level up untill everything in this age is easy. To get the critical GB's ASAP (Arc, CF, DT, attack buildings (traz!), RaH or LoA)

I wouldn't leave an age before it's on farm status, because the higher ages demands even higher level from the GB's, so its a waste of time to reach the higher age, and your city will limp into this age and it will take a lot longer to reach the farm state.

DeletedUser27023

I didn’t have the advantage of HQS on my way through the eras/ages but now that I’m in CE, I’d like to know how the strategy is supposed to work. Since there are no buildings to collect on every 24 hours, what should my city be doing. I have been in CE for a few months now and acquired a few thousand of ea CE good. I’ve tried to trade up the CE goods for TE and/or FE goods but no one seems to want them. It has me wondering if instead of continuing goods buildings with the many Wishing Wells have, how about instead just getting rid of all of it. What I was thinking about is just using premium residential and production buildings (also Cider Mills. Multi production) and then do a combination of UBQ and the 500k coin or production to earn rewards that way with the help of CF. Then I wouldn’t need the Wishing Wells either. At least not until I move up to TE. I know this may not be following the HQS guide but was wanting an opinion anyway. Ty.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31392

I didn’t have the advantage of HQS on my way brought the eras/ages but now that I’m in CE, I’d like to know how the strategy is supposed to work. Since there are no buildings to collect on every 24 hours, what should my city be doing. I have been in CE for a few months now and acquired a few thousand of ea CE good. I’ve tried to trade up the CE goods for TE and/or FE goods but no one seems to want them. It has me wondering if instead of continuing goods buildings with the many Wishing Wells have, how about instead just getting rid of all of it. What I was thinking about is just using premium residential and production buildings (also Cider Mills. Multi production) and then do a combination of UBQ and the 500k coin or production to earn rewards that way with the help of CF. Then I wouldn’t need the Wishing Wells either. At least not until I move up to TE. I know this may not be following the HQS guide but was wanting an opinion anyway. Ty.

I would be selling those goods for fps at 1:3-4 rate. Someone looking for Inno goods will give you around 500fps for those.

As for Questing I’m CE I’m not sure since I haven’t been there yet, but I would think the standard coins and supplies quests plus fps and UBQs would make sense in any age.

Just taking a look at wiki I see that the fish market only requires a lane road and is the smallest building, so you could fit a number of those in to complete a handful of “collect 5 of 24hr productions”. Not ideal but the option is there. If you have a level 10 LoA and RAH the 24 hr pruction will give 121k (using Tavern boost as well) so 5 of those would be enough to finish 1 collect 500k supplies (not sure if that’s how much it is since wiki doesn’t have that info, but I assume it’s in the ballpark). I know it’s only a few quests a day but it’s better than nothing.

Not sure what else you could do in CE really. I wouldn’t use premium production buildings unless you have a huge pile of CE ones from GE winnings, since they don’t have the “collect 5” quest to pair with the “collect 500k supplies”, since I would assume you have 2 recurring slots open you can do both quests together.

Hope that helps some. Like I said haven’t been there yet myself, but those are some ideas I could figure out to help you. :)

DeletedUser27023

I would be selling those goods for fps at 1:3-4 rate. Someone looking for Inno goods will give you around 500fps for those.

As for Questing I’m CE I’m not sure since I haven’t been there yet, but I would think the standard coins and supplies quests plus fps and UBQs would make sense in any age.

Just taking a look at wiki I see that the fish market only requires a lane road and is the smallest building, so you could fit a number of those in to complete a handful of “collect 5 of 24hr productions”. Not ideal but the option is there. If you have a level 10 LoA and RAH the 24 hr pruction will give 121k (using Tavern boost as well) so 5 of those would be enough to finish 1 collect 500k supplies (not sure if that’s how much it is since wiki doesn’t have that info, but I assume it’s in the ballpark). I know it’s only a few quests a day but it’s better than nothing.

Not sure what else you could do in CE really. I wouldn’t use premium production buildings unless you have a huge pile of CE ones from GE winnings, since they don’t have the “collect 5” quest to pair with the “collect 500k supplies”, since I would assume you have 2 recurring slots open you can do both quests together.

Hope that helps some. Like I said haven’t been there yet myself, but those are some ideas I could figure out to help you. :)

I see. So you’re saying sacrifice one of the recurring quests to use for the collect 5 and then add up those supplies to finish off the other 500k RQ. Well, that is something. I thought that by using premium supply buildings, I could use both RQs as 500k supplies and 500k coin from the premium residences I’m using. Not sure which one makes more profit but one thing for sure, yours will not make me a would be target for plunderers. Yours is also more economical and would save diamonds.

I’m not sure how long I’ll be in CE. I did talk with someone high level that told me to hang on to the CE goods since they are required to make Arctic goods. I didn’t know that.

DeletedUser27023

Ive tried really hard to stick to the program as it was originally written but having just arrived in CA, I do want to ask for an opinion. I totally get the reason that Wishing Wells, Tribal Squares and the like should be saved for PME and later. My problem is that I have just one SoK so far. I’ve been so desperate that I’ve laid down two Sacred Sky Watch for the FPs. Well, now I’ve got two Terrace Farms. One last week and one this week. With there size, should I place these? I’m not sure as far as efficiency, how they compare to SoK. Again, the main concern is their size. Thoughts?

DeletedUser27184

I love terraces, SSW and all the FP buildings.

So I always put them over anything else, including the famous Production Buildings (as been advocated in this guide).
FP is the most important to advancing in this game. Ya, CR have different opinion about that. But I think he is wrong. All the HQS is helping the city along, but FP is the king and helps the most. Always put an FP building ASAP. Unless its really bad one (1FP for 20 spaces is not worth it). You need FP to advance your GB's much more then anything else. How can a small bunch of gold/medals/goods compared to 5 FP every day?

Tribal Squares should be used when you need population or gold. I am not sure about this PME point. By PME, your CF should be high, and you get most of your goods through the repeated quests and UBQ. The small extra needed can be done with anything, from Tribal Squares to old plain goods production buildings.

DeletedUser29352

Don’t put a single tribal square down in colonial. Anyone saying differently is saying complete nonsense. Build clockmakers.

ODragon

Tribal Squares = NO!

If you have your CF (maybe even if you don't and have enough clockmakers), you should get more than enough goods from recurring quests.

I also agree that CR was too strict on not putting down Terrace Farms, SSW and SoK. Put them down.

As you stay in CA to level up your GBs, you will want these extra FPs. My CF is now level 12 so I can get 13 goods per recurring (when they come up). I have about 50 clockmakers, 12 SoKs, 5 SSW and 3 TF.

DeletedUser29352

My CF is lvl 16, my Arc is lvl 29. Everything else is lvl 10 apart from a couple of stragglers. So I will leave colonial with my GBs in good shape. I suppose if I had built TFs and SSWs instead of clockmakers, I would be struggling for FPs too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27023

My CF is lvl 16, my Arc is lvl 29. Everything else is lvl 10 apart from a couple of stragglers. So I will leave colonial with my GBs in good shape. I suppose if I had built TFs and SSWs instead of clockmakers, I would be struggling for FPs too.

That’s really impressive. Congrats. Can you share what your building count looks like? How many clockmakers, FP buildings, etc? How long did you spend in CA to get those kind of levels?

DeletedUser27023

Tribal Squares = NO!

If you have your CF (maybe even if you don't and have enough clockmakers), you should get more than enough goods from recurring quests.

I also agree that CR was too strict on not putting down Terrace Farms, SSW and SoK. Put them down.

As you stay in CA to level up your GBs, you will want these extra FPs. My CF is now level 12 so I can get 13 goods per recurring (when they come up). I have about 50 clockmakers, 12 SoKs, 5 SSW and 3 TF.

That’s really an incredible building count. I have 52 clockmakers down but have very little space available after residences. I feel like I’m way to early for an IT since I still don’t have CDM, Traz or an Arc. My next victory expansion is at 15k and I do have a few expansions I left in research for future events but wow, I am just really low on space. I’m using CRs example of the CA layout from page 1of the guide. Idk. I’m just arriving here so I’m not going to stress about space to much. I don’t know how long most people stay in CA but I don’t think a year would be unreasonable right?

Thanks again everyone for the responses. Really good info.

DeletedUser29352

That’s really impressive. Congrats. Can you share what your building count looks like? How many clockmakers, FP buildings, etc? How long did you spend in CA to get those kind of levels?
My clockmakers ranged from 96-106 for most of the time. They are at their lowest ebb now because I built an AO. I started playing right before the Cherry Blossom event. I suppose I have spent four months in CA? My GBs give 22 FPs a day. I get mos of my FPs from other GBs though. Right now I am sitting on 5000 FPs so I may just skip IA. But other than leveling a few GBs above 10, I don’t think there has ever been a single building in my city that would give CR heartburn.

ODragon

That’s really an incredible building count. I have 52 clockmakers down but have very little space available after residences. I feel like I’m way to early for an IT since I still don’t have CDM, Traz or an Arc. My next victory expansion is at 15k and I do have a few expansions I left in research for future events but wow, I am just really low on space. I’m using CRs example of the CA layout from page 1of the guide. Idk. I’m just arriving here so I’m not going to stress about space to much. I don’t know how long most people stay in CA but I don’t think a year would be unreasonable right?

Yeah, I think it is just the medal expansions due to the Arc. I'm halfway to the 105k expansion. I'm at 12 GBs, 8 of them being level 10+.

What world are you playing on?

DeletedUser29352

Yeah, I think it is just the medal expansions due to the Arc. I'm halfway to the 105k expansion. I'm at 12 GBs, 8 of them being level 10+.

What world are you playing on?
It is like CR said, everything builds off of something else. Medal expansions come from having a lot of clockmakers. Every time I hear of someone struggling with reoccurring quests they have decided “well I guess it’s OK to have this building because“. In my opinion, it is never OK. Maybe that is why his system has worked well for me.

DeletedUser29060

It is like CR said, everything builds off of something else. Medal expansions come from having a lot of clockmakers. Every time I hear of someone struggling with reoccurring quests they have decided “well I guess it’s OK to have this building because“. In my opinion, it is never OK. Maybe that is why his system has worked well for me.
You seem to be far ahead of me at the moment so I was wondering if you've come across this issue I think I'm facing. The only non-recommended buildings I have is the cherry garden set since I already placed that before finding this guide. I have been thinking of deleting it but just can't bring myself to. Other than that I have a lvl10 arc, hs, loa, stm, cf, lvl 5 inno for population, lvl 2 traz for rogues for GE, an obs, and a lvl 7 CdM that is quickly hitting the lvl 10. I have 89 clockmakers, 12 SoK (most only from HMA), sundial spire, lords manor (locked to CA), 4 SSW (worth 1 quest just for their gold production so I think the math justifies keeping them to sacrifice 1 quest for 4 guaranteed FPs), haunted house (super efficient gold building), a rogue hideout and a few victory towers that fill in some empty space I can't work around yet. I am working on my 65k medal expansion currently.

To get to my question, I've found that my gold is actually already starting to outpace my supplies production and will probably continue to do so as I add a couple more SoKs from this winter event. I thoughty supply production would still FAR outpace my gold production at this phase of the build. Once my CdM hits lvl 10, I've been considering whether it's worth to add a RAH to help my supplies to outpace my gold to continue to spam UBQs while allowing my supply stockpile to grow for later in the game where you need a ton of them. Have you experienced something similar/how have you adjusted for it? Thanks for the input.

DeletedUser27023

My clockmakers ranged from 96-106 for most of the time. They are at their lowest ebb now because I built an AO. I started playing right before the Cherry Blossom event. I suppose I have spent four months in CA? My GBs give 22 FPs a day. I get mos of my FPs from other GBs though. Right now I am sitting on 5000 FPs so I may just skip IA. But other than leveling a few GBs above 10, I don’t think there has ever been a single building in my city that would give CR heartburn.

All of that in 4 months?! An AO in CA? Lol. That’s crazy. Is the 22FPs you make from GBs the only FPs you earn daily? I mean, aside from RQ. Any SoKs, etc? That’s a lot of progress with just 22 FPs. Grats.

DeletedUser27023

You seem to be far ahead of me at the moment so I was wondering if you've come across this issue I think I'm facing. The only non-recommended buildings I have is the cherry garden set since I already placed that before finding this guide. I have been thinking of deleting it but just can't bring myself to. Other than that I have a lvl10 arc, hs, loa, stm, cf, lvl 5 inno for population, lvl 2 traz for rogues for GE, an obs, and a lvl 7 CdM that is quickly hitting the lvl 10. I have 89 clockmakers, 12 SoK (most only from HMA), sundial spire, lords manor (locked to CA), 4 SSW (worth 1 quest just for their gold production so I think the math justifies keeping them to sacrifice 1 quest for 4 guaranteed FPs), haunted house (super efficient gold building), a rogue hideout and a few victory towers that fill in some empty space I can't work around yet. I am working on my 65k medal expansion currently.

To get to my question, I've found that my gold is actually already starting to outpace my supplies production and will probably continue to do so as I add a couple more SoKs from this winter event. I thoughty supply production would still FAR outpace my gold production at this phase of the build. Once my CdM hits lvl 10, I've been considering whether it's worth to add a RAH to help my supplies to outpace my gold to continue to spam UBQs while allowing my supply stockpile to grow for later in the game where you need a ton of them. Have you experienced something similar/how have you adjusted for it? Thanks for the input.

I seldom hear that coin outpaces supplies. That’s not a bad problem. You didn’t mention how much of each you have but with 89 clockmakers, your generating plenty of supplies. What’s the source of your coin? Residences? Event buildings? Unlike supplies, you can always spend the coin on FPs.

DeletedUser27023

Seems like the topic of extracurricular buildings has come up time and time again. I guess when events roll around, it’s easy to temporarily justify why that Black Tower or Maharajah Palace would be a good fit. I’m struggling with space as well. With just one SoK atm, I’ve resorted to 3 Sacred Sky Watch, a Terrace Farm and the Black Tower. Oh, and Rosarium and Mad Scientist Lab. So is the bottom line, that the less clockmakers you have, the more time it will take to progress? It doesn’t sound like there are ANY buildings that are better than clockmakers aside from the GBs outlined. And of course SoKs.

DeletedUser29060

I seldom hear that coin outpaces supplies. That’s not a bad problem. You didn’t mention how much of each you have but with 89 clockmakers, your generating plenty of supplies. What’s the source of your coin? Residences? Event buildings? Unlike supplies, you can always spend the coin on FPs.

My coins have hovered around 21m spamming ubqs and my supplies have been steadily dropping from 27m down to my coin level. I rarely hit 100% motivation which hurts, but I have maxed out invites and a smallish guild with 40 people (+6 FP/day though from town hall plus get to do GE lvl 4 every week so definitely not worth leaving for the chance of more motivating). My coins come from the buildings I've listed (SoKs, SSW, haunted house, lvl 10 stm). My progress has been significantly shorted by accidentally locking myself out of the 2nd recurring quest slot which is really really really unfortunate.

@iAmArtemis
Most special buildings besides SoKs, SSW, and similar buildings in terms of super gold efficiency are not worth building in this strategy until much later. Yes FPs are the most important resource, but you also need a ton of medals and goods to snowball the city as a whole. Rosarium and MSL for example will be excellent once you are able to use them for discounted refined goods but are not really worth it in CA for the goods or the FPs in comparison to clockmakers.