• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Get your first two great buildings in less than a month

Agent327

My oracle of delphi is on level 8 , I have the statue of zues , temple of relics,lighthouse of alexandria and the blueprints and goods for the ark ,

So my question is should i sell the oracle of delphi to make room for my ark?

Sure. Oracle is 3x3 and the Arc 7x5, so that will do the trick.

When is the best/appropriate time to move up to IA? I have Zeus on lvl4, ToB also lvl4; I have all blueprints for LoA, missing 1 BP for Achen and 37 of 5FP pckg.
How does the upcoming Archaeology Quest effect if you are in BA or IA?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I would look at your supply of BA goods and see if you have enough for upcoming tech and negotiations. I would say a minimum of 100 of each, preferably much more than that to allow for more negotiating when you need to.

RazorbackPirate

When is the best/appropriate time to move up to IA? I have Zeus on lvl4, ToB also lvl4; I have all blueprints for LoA, missing 1 BP for Achen and 37 of 5FP pckg.
How does the upcoming Archaeology Quest effect if you are in BA or IA?
Great questions. Since you've leveled those GBs to where they are, you've probably also have a decent amount of BA goods as well. If so, you're definitely ready to move up to IA.

In regards to the upcoming event, there will be a few quests that will have you donate goods to the Guild Treasury, as well as quests asking for tasks in GE. Both of those require you to be in a guild to complete. You need to be in IA to join a guild.

The downside is that IA will slightly increase quest requirements, number of coins, supplies, productions, etc. Since you've done well with this guide, I suspect the small increases will be a non-issue.

Algona

You might be a little light on Stone and Wine. Note that trading for BA Goods is a little tougher once you leave BA.

You need to be in IA to join a guild.

Sorry, but that is wrong. Glarging hinges on Guild Hopping while in BA.

The way to mitigate Goods Treasury Quests is to trade up for IA Goods.

BUT!

RP is right. If you want to do the next Event move up now and start moving through Tech, get troops, and accumulate Goods.

For a couple years a BA player could complete an Event, but it was really tough.

Last Event INNO put in a Quest that BA player scan't do.. I don't know if that was a mistake by INNO or a conscious decision.

Algona

Last event was perfectly fine for BA players. Only BA players I saw not complete it happened to be in LMA on the campaign map. That’s not the events fault, that’s what every camper will face if they never age up.

Hmmm. Nope. You are right, but it;s useless in the context of this thread.

This thread is an easy to follow fast start technique, not a guide to extended BA camping.

Glarging can easily lead into extended BA camping, but exended camping in BA or getting through an Event in BA is not easy*, it takes foreknowledge and tricks that are beyond the ken of a lot of new and unsophisticated players, the very folk this thread is trying to help.

While an accomplished BA camper hasn't been presented with insurmountable Quests in an Event yet this thread doesn't equip a player with the skill to do such.

Trying to explain it to a n00b? I can't write that, I don't have any experience with extended camping in BA, and I don't have the theoretical knowledge to predict how to do it, nor has anyone shared details and techniques of extended BA camping.

Nor would I if I could. I got no problem with folk playing however they want, but I sure as hell will not encourage a new player to camp in BA.

*My basis for saying that - Complaints by BA campers in recent Event Feedback threads and my own experience last year and helping sweat some apprentices through an Event while in BA.

Orb of 0

Trying to explain it to a n00b? I can't write that, I don't have any experience with extended camping in BA, and I don't have the theoretical knowledge to predict how to do it, nor has anyone shared details and techniques of extended BA camping.
Really!!??? I love/hate camping in the BA... And, I feel/know that I failed to follow up on my "quest" report when I moved into IA at day 47... So, what top three worlds have the most guilds to jump? We need some research??. I'm in.

Algona

Really!!???

Mu fault for not being precise and causing a misunderstanding. Sorry about that.

The 'it' in what you quoted from me was that I can't teach a n00b extended BA camping. i don't know how to do it, so I can't explain it.

You thought the 'it' I referred to was Guild Hopping? I explained best techniques for that in this thread a year or so back.

I got three cities and that is just a little more then I can handle. Starting new cities to research what worlds are best is way beyond my capacity. But id love to hear what you come up with and if it agrees with what I saif: avoid the newest worlds is prolly best for Guild Hopping if the goal is advanced Era BPs..

How is your most recent city faring since you left BA? How about the other three? Done any experimenting with various strategies for each one?

Last edited:

Orb of 0

The "it" is the entirety of camping in the BA. Guild hopping/jumping is actually secondary to learning/understanding RQ looping. Which I think is the best method for building a foundation for the city that the player wants to build. The beginning is the entirety of Glarg's method for getting the first two GBs in less than a month. From then on it's about acquiring the BPs for the GB(s) that the player desires the most. Collecting/saving FP for moving into the IA. Dealing with an event, in progress. A general, How To.

The city I reported on is in an EMA slump... I don't have to worry about getting BPs, having acquired complete sets for the first 13 GBs in the game, plus Cape and the CF... But, I can now see that the foundation of BA goods needs to be approximately 500-600 each before leaving the BA.
BTW, I've yet to be plundered... I've been attacked, but not plundered. No goods production buildings, and no event buildings that aren't protected by being motivated. RQ looping can produce a plunder resistant city... As is explained in Cosmic Ravens article on HQS, Heavy Questing Strategy.
Experiments, yes, well... Kind of. CR states that the GE is beneficial to HQS. So, I'm in the middle of building the Three Brothers of Death and getting them leveled up. That's the slump 'cause I don't have my city crammed full of shoemakers.
And, that's part of what is needed to be known. How many supply buildings are needed for each age for RQ looping to be a true benefit?