• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Get your first two great buildings in less than a month

DeletedUser38090

I got lots of BPs, but no complete set, which I dislike.
Once you get into Iron, what I suggest doing is contacting players who have high-level Great Buildings (around 20+) of the Great Buildings you want. Ask if they are planning on leveling up that Great Building (and if you can get 5th place for cheap), and send them a friend request if they plan on doing so. You can easily complete sets within 2-3 days of completing Iron Age depending on how many FPs you have in inventory.
You can use this website to find those kinds of players: https://foestats.com/us/
Just go to Mount Killmore, go to Great Buildings, enter in whatever GB you want into the search bar, and send a message to those players on the list.
I have about 90k coins, but I am low on supplies (I guess I shouldn't have done that many unbirthday quests).
Yeah, BA unbirthday quests are very costly for its age. You'd be much better off using spear/slinger RQs, which is much lighter on the supplies.

I tried fighting my way through Paruuch but lost the battle.
I believe Paruuch can be conquerable with only 8 spearmen, but losses will be great. Slingers, especially when up against ballista, just fall apart like melted butter.

DeletedUser38766

You can use this website to find those kinds of players: https://foestats.com/us/

Thanks, I will give it a go once I get to IA.

Yeah, BA unbirthday quests are very costly for its age. You'd be much better off using spear/slinger RQs, which is much lighter on the supplies.
I will try out that RQ right now and see how long it takes to finish because slingers do take 1 hour to train each which is painfully slow.

I believe Paruuch can be conquerable with only 8 spearmen, but losses will be great. Slingers, especially when up against ballista, just fall apart like melted butter.
I did think of trying it with 8 spearmen, but that requires rebuilding second barracks and I am short on supplies atm so I will leave that for later. Spearmen losses are insignifant if you have the barracks, but I replaced my second spear barracks with slingers, which I regret now.

Lando6

Just as a side note. I meant that you should have 1000 BA goods total, not for each good. 250 each would be plenty. Once you get in IA, you can begin to trade down IA goods for BA if need be. I do that quite a bit to negotiate through the first GE level and parts of the second.

DeletedUser23781

Thanks for your sharing and work. This is an awesome beginner plan. I’ve played several years now and wanted to start ‘fresh’ in a new world. My first goal is stay in BA until I have a Zeus, Oracle, ToB, LoA, CoA; maybe more GBS. It’s exciting to see what happens.
I’m getting alot of BPs and even received friends invite which worked well. I’m at Day two and have 14 chalets, 30 BS, a Theatre, 1 Domestican Pen, 3 Memorials, 1 Pottery, 1 Spearfighter, 2 Long Boats.
I needed to put back a Pottery to follow the storyline. Now the storyline quest you have to follow wants a ‘banana’, I don’t want to build a fruit farm so my storyline is stuck so I need to build one.
For recurring quests I’ve completed two 1800 quests and now completing my first supply recurring quest.
***My error was investing in a started pkg which gave me a Theatre -great for Happiness but also gave me a domestication farm and I have no space now for the Fruit farm. I’ll have to wait for space to open up. **My advice is to avoid buying diamonds/starter pkgs. NO RUSH.

DeletedUser23781

Also will the storyline for the Map not show up until I produce a ‘banana”? As I’m ready to take Fel Province

DeletedUser23781

And is it safe to lose my Pottery bldg now or will the story line repeat as long as I’m in BA?

DeletedUser36624

If you build a GB before the start of the Oracle quests, they will be skipped and you will need no banana (not even for scale).

Lando6

Algona,

I personally want to thank you for adding your experience. When I found this thread I had been playing for about 3 months and felt like I got stalled in HMA. Since then I started up a new city in February. By following you ideas, while combining some thoughts from Cosmic Raven (and a few of my own), my new city has exploded. I'm much farther ahead in my new city than I ever was with my old one.
I do have a question though. I keep seeing advice given about what ages to camp in due to the amount of RC's one can complete. I was wondering if you ever kept track on how many quests you were able to complete in each age. I can currently do about 48 RC's a day in IA. Looking ahead, I'm projecting the following for myself.
EMA: 55
HMA: 70
LMA: 66
CA: 62

The drop off in CA is due to the higher payouts needed for UBQ, but I also might be understating my projections of LMA and CA due to the emergence of the "third quest" line. I believe my city planning is pretty solid as well, thanks in part to FOE Manager.

Any thoughts?

Snarko

Algona,

I personally want to thank you for adding your experience. When I found this thread I had been playing for about 3 months and felt like I got stalled in HMA. Since then I started up a new city in February. By following you ideas, while combining some thoughts from Cosmic Raven (and a few of my own), my new city has exploded. I'm much farther ahead in my new city than I ever was with my old one.
I do have a question though. I keep seeing advice given about what ages to camp in due to the amount of RC's one can complete. I was wondering if you ever kept track on how many quests you were able to complete in each age. I can currently do about 48 RC's a day in IA. Looking ahead, I'm projecting the following for myself.

The drop off in CA is due to the higher payouts needed for UBQ, but I also might be understating my projections of LMA and CA due to the emergence of the "third quest" line. I believe my city planning is pretty solid as well, thanks in part to FOE Manager.

Any thoughts?
If your goal is to maximize quests done then stay in iron age and level CF. If you're not interested in doing hundreds of quests per day then you should probably move along at a slow but regular pace.

I don't have much experience with questing in EMA. HMA vs LMA pretty much depend on CF level. At lower levels HMA should be better, thanks to alchemist spam and lower requirement for spend FP quests. Once CF reach a high enough level it's better to do it in LMA with two quest slots. I don't have an exact number for that. I moved to LMA when CF was 94 and that turned out to be more than was needed. My coins and supplies goes up no matter how much I quest (gotta sleep and stuff too).

RazorbackPirate

Algona,

Any thoughts?
My LMA city, with 2 RQ slots, I can do around 275 RQs daily before using my Arc for 'Spend FP RQs'. That city produces 265 FPs and over 1,500 goods daily. My HMA city, with a single RQ slot, does about 175 RQs daily, producing 210 FPs and almost 900 goods daily. With an Arc 80 in each city, I'm able to do as many RQs as I can tolerate.

Lando6

Thanks for the info Snarko and Razorback.
Question for you Razorback, what is your CF level in your LMA city?

Lando6

Awesome! Thanks for the info. For me, I think I am going to tough it out in IA for a couple more weeks and then move on to EMA for 1-2 months and sit in HMA for 3-4 months. I believe that will get my Arc into the 50's and my CF around 15-20.

DeletedUser38784

I have two low level city, one I tried this method (two weeks) still bronze age and the other by join a high ranking guild (6 weeks) early middle ages.

This method works very well for getting zeus and babel, you will also get a lot of prints for lots buildings (30 gb) at this point I have a complete norte dame but no materials for building it. I also have a good amount of fp packs.

The joining of a high level guild, I don't have zeus or babel. I have the arc because a high ranking guide member gave be spot 5 for 6bp a level for 20fp for three levels. I have a long term term for the himeji castle of fp for good that had me already owning the arc goods when I got the bp for the arc. I have almost all the bp's for the lighthouse and hagia sophia.

Having done both methods at about the same time they both have advantages if the guild wants to help you by giving you low price bp's. The largest advantage of this method is that it has you slowing down and getting 1000 goods in a level before moving up, which is something I have to do now for two ages at the same time in the guide city.