• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Should there be an option to chose what goods donated to the guild Treasury?

*Arturis*

My guild is sitting on 1M each of AF/OF goods, only use to it is minimal with GE unlocking level of difficulty. Should there be an option for us to chose what goods to donate to guild treasury from Obs/Atom/Arc preferably a drop down menu to chose. Say you are in OF you can chose to donate down to Iron Age if needed. To avoid abuse from the big guild, a penalty ratio can be put in from 10:9 to 10:1 down the Ages, remember you get ranking points from donate those collections to the guild, so there is a penalty in the ranking value for donating at the lower Age goods in place. Like?

Last edited:

Freshmeboy

This has been suggested in the past and met with resistance because of the potential abuse by large guilds who would no longer need lower age players for their goods supply..they would simply designate goods for every era needed and their guild would be composed entirely of big time players.

DeletedUser26965

Many posts on this. I should make a FAQ response so I can just link it.

Freshmeboy

Even at ten to one it still inhibits the guild need for lower era players. My thought is this is structured so that guilds that have nothing but higher era players won't be able to compete on the lower era maps and allow new fresh guilds with lower age players to join in..otherwise they wouldn't be able to compete.

DeletedUser30943

Just a quick thought on this (and sorry, I'm literally incapable of reading through every last post above to see if it's been suggested before): what about only allowing one age lower than current? Maybe even limit the choice to Obs only with the idea that your Arc/Atomium would cover current era goods, while your Obs hast the option to generate previous era goods. Between them, they'd cover your entire GE donation without severely unbalancing the game and allowing all-powerful guilds. I don't do GvG, so I'm not sure if that would be beneficial to that or not, but if not, then they set their Obs to current and get the better goods.

wolfhoundtoo

From a practical viewpoint putting them down 1 age doesn't solve the issue they raised since anyone in OF would then make AF goods which they no doubt have plenty of already. That being said I don't see how anything needs to be changed as advancing into AF and OF give you additional advantages such as additional expansions as well as the benefits of (presumably) better generation of coins/supplies. The ARC has it's own advantage so the fact that the goods it generates for OF and AF are basically useless doesn't change just how valuable the ARC is to a player. The atom you are free to deconstruct it if the happiness it generates isn't sufficient to justify it's place in your city. The observatory is pretty small and gives again if the GVG boost isn't sufficient for a player then you should get rid of it as well.

Yes I dumped my atom even though i'd opted to stay in FE.

DeletedUser26965

Isn't everyone doing that these days:D:D:D?
People often mention staying in FE regarding this topic. I wonder what the actual stats are though. I know in my guild nearly everyone who was in FE moved into AF when it opened and again when OF opened and our guild had like one person in FE which seems they were never really moving up anyway. But that's just one guild of many. Inno said last July they have 100,000+ players at the end of the game http://www.pocketgamer.biz/interview/66138/innogames-on-the-evolution-of-forge-of-empires/

wolfhoundtoo

No idea of the actual stats.........but you pretty much figure those that come to the forum are probably the 'outliers' as the majority probably don't even know the forum exists. :p

Looking at my hood though I'd say at least half are 'new' FE players so there's probably not all that many hanging out in FE overall (the lure of advancing and all that plus of course the events). Whether it's a step back or not obviously in this case Inno has decided that the prize for this event is good enough that it might get people to move up an age which gives them the chance to sell those packages, the expansions and of course for the really impatient the tech and/or speeding the construction of their buildings. Ultimately Inno is a business and they'll make the decisions which serve them best (which will of course revolve around the player base and how they generate their revenue for them). Inno has accommodated those of us not wanting to do a tech in some of the events lately which was nice of them.

Note that Inno never FORCES you to advance but simply makes you make a CHOICE. Do you want the event prize enough to do what you have to do to get it? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser26965

No idea of the actual stats.........but you pretty much figure those that come to the forum are probably the 'outliers' as the majority probably don't even know the forum exists.
Yeah I'm willing to bet the majority of players who were at FE when AF opened went into AF, of course I also bet many of those didn't read the announcement to know GvG would use one map and medals from then on either so perhaps maybe more might have stayed back. Of course though too demand for FE goods is always high because of Arc so if you GvG and sell FE goods that's a reason to stay in FE because your goods GB's make the goods to make FE goods but how many do that? Probably not many.

Zatrikon

IMO, a better solution would be to find something new to do with all those AF/OF goods. I'm not sure what that would be, but maybe something brand new.

Maybe some kind of temporary boost for the whole guild. Like spend a certain amount of each AF/OF good for:

* A bonus automatic polish or motivate for every member of the guild.
* X% bonus to Coin/Supply production for 24 hours.
* -X% recovery/recruitment time for units for all guild members.
* X% defense bonus for all guild members when defending.
* X% attack & defense bonus for all guild members when defending (yeah, I know, probably not likely, but I think it would be a good idea, especially in light of the Kraken.)
* X% Happiness bonus for 24 hours
* Automatic Enthusiastic for 24 hours
* +X Tavern Silver for all guild members
* X% Attack/Defense bonus for GE only
* Everyone in the guild gets a small FP package
* Everyone in the guild gets a small Goods package appropriate to their age
* Everyone in the guild gets a small Medal package appropriate to their age
* -X% building construction time for all guild members for 24 hours
* -X% building cost for all guild members for 24 hours

Obviously, these wouldn't necessarily all have the same price. Automatic Enthusiasm would cost more than a boost to Happiness, for example. And these would necessarily be available all the time. Maybe only a few are available for selection each day. Maybe only one is available for purchase each day, and you either buy it or don't. Or maybe a few are available each week, but you can only buy each one once during that week. In any event, you wouldn't be able to get a continuous bonus indefinitely. Maybe the boosts last only 12 hours instead of 24.

It could even be a "lottery" type thing - one random guild member gets something good, like a Large FP Package, a Large Medal Package, a Premium Building, etc.

The possibilities are unlimitless.

Freshmeboy

Zatrikon, I understand where you are going with this but what about start-up guilds and medium level guilds that have no AF/OF players..? They don't get the rights to use goods for guild wide boosts...? Seems unfair to me. I get that these guilds have an enormous surplus in their treasuries but the game can't change just for them. If the personal goods of these players could be harnessed, that might help a bit. I could see having a recurring quest that calls for goods and gives a random prize....Ultimately, this thread is about finding a use for those goods...

Volodya

People often mention staying in FE regarding this topic. I wonder what the actual stats are though. I know in my guild nearly everyone who was in FE moved into AF when it opened and again when OF opened and our guild had like one person in FE which seems they were never really moving up anyway. But that's just one guild of many. Inno said last July they have 100,000+ players at the end of the game http://www.pocketgamer.biz/interview/66138/innogames-on-the-evolution-of-forge-of-empires/

Anecdotal stat of one: I stayed in FE for the better part of a year, literally one click away from advancing, largely so my GBs would generate goods my guild could actually use. About a month ago I got sufficiently bored and moved to AF.

DeletedUser13838

Yeah I'm willing to bet the majority of players who were at FE when AF opened went into AF, of course I also bet many of those didn't read the announcement to know GvG would use one map and medals from then on either so perhaps maybe more might have stayed back. Of course though too demand for FE goods is always high because of Arc so if you GvG and sell FE goods that's a reason to stay in FE because your goods GB's make the goods to make FE goods but how many do that? Probably not many.
That's what I did. And of course once you're in AF there's no real reason not to move to OF. If I had to do it all over I'd probably stay in FE (i'm not in a gvg guild). Seems the only real advantage to moving up is the additional expansions.

DeletedUser26829

Zatrikon, I understand where you are going with this but what about start-up guilds and medium level guilds that have no AF/OF players..? They don't get the rights to use goods for guild wide boosts...? Seems unfair to me. I get that these guilds have an enormous surplus in their treasuries but the game can't change just for them. If the personal goods of these players could be harnessed, that might help a bit. I could see having a recurring quest that calls for goods and gives a random prize....Ultimately, this thread is about finding a use for those goods...
Maybe it's time that FoE opened an "Advanced" game, for the high flyers and their Guilds..